Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Greater Los Angeles Area, CA
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As a Guidance, Navigation and Control Engineer, you will help the technical direction for the people architecting and implementing all path planning, motion planning, and flight control algorithms on board our aircrafts.
- Perform all Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) inner loop, outer loop design and performance analysis activities including dynamic trajectory planning and Flight Envelope Protection design
- Perform System Identification, flight dynamics modeling activities and maintain high fidelity system simulations
- Perform GNC design specifications generation, validation and verification activities
- Generate documentation for design, analysis, specification and test procedures and results
- Maintain higher level GNC architecture and integration in standardized Matlab/Simulink environment
- Support Hardware in the Loop (HIL) and flight test activities
- Support generation and implementation of GNC analysis tools and processes
- Work in a collaborative manner with other engineering disciplines such as Perception, Safety, Certification and Systems, Flight Test and lines of business as appropriate.
The objectives provided above are intended to be a generic list of Skyryse GNC team job duties and responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities of a GNC team member may include an important part of this list and may change over time according to business need.
- Masters or PHD degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Controls, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or a field related to GNC Engineering responsibilities
- Demonstrated competence with multivariable system modeling and control, analysis and simulation in aircraft applications
- Experience in developing model-based design and analyses using Matlab/Simulink
- 3+ years of experience in the relevant GNC area
- Demonstrated experience with Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) architectures and deployment in aerospace applications is highly desired.
- Experience with Aircraft Control Law specifications, analysis, development, integration, HIL simulation, flight test, and data analysis
- Experience in optimization, path and motion planning for constrained dynamical systems
- Experience in linear and non-linear flight dynamic models development by using System ID tools and methods
- Experience in developing the other subsystem dynamic models, such as actuators, sensors, etc in accordance with the need of GNC activities
- Understanding of the functionality of major aircraft subsystems and avionics
- Experience working as part of a team that has transitioned to production automation solutions for complex dynamic systems
- Experience in working as part of a team that has certified a regulated safety critical automation solution in Aerospace industry
- Familiarity with FAR Part 23/25/27/29, ARP 4761/4754A, DO-178 and other aerospace regulations/processes/standards
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity with CIFER and Conduit tools
- Knowledge in programming in C++ and Python
- Familiarity with Git and JIRA
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity