Account Executive - Supply Partnerships
This job is no longer accepting applications.
If you had the option for same-day delivery versus standard shipping when checking out on your favorite eCommerce site, wouldn’t you take it?
Assuming the answer is a resounding yes, you’re not the only one — today people expect to receive their parcels no later than the day after they order, and 46% of respondents abandoned shopping carts online as a result of shipping times taking too long.
Swyft is a software-enabled B2B marketplace that enables any sized merchant, brand or retailer with same and next-day delivery at rates comparable to 2+ day delivery. Our mission is to create magical delivery experiences for shoppers & help merchants grow sales with the most scalable and flexible same/next-day delivery service.
We aren’t just a shipping and logistics company, we are building the data and framework layer for how a trillion parcels will move within hundreds of cities. Swyft is air traffic control for parcels routed from your favourite store to your door, and you can help us realize this vision. Founded in April 2020, we are an experienced team having led technical, sales, product teams at: Amazon, Shopify, Hubba, and Lyft. We’ve raised over $20M and are backed by the world’s best investors including Inovia Capital, Forerunner Ventures, Golden Ventures, Trucks VC and Shopify.
As a Partnerships Account Executive you will be reporting directly to the Head of Supply and responsible for sourcing partnerships with ecosystem players, managing all aspects of deal diligence, tracking relevant partner sentiment and market feedback, and conveying your learnings to the broader Marketplace & Supply team. You will also be working cross-functionally with a leadership team with expertise in last-mile logistics, fulfillment, eCommerce and ridesharing from companies such as Amazon, Shopify, Hubba and Lyft.
Swyft is growing rapidly and we are seeking smart, empathetic, and energetic team members who are looking to help us shape how we identify and engage with delivery service partners and logistics fulfillment partners. Responsibilities will include:
- Create and refine Swyft’s account management and partnership culture
- Create target partnership lists while developing and maintaining a scalable lead generation process
- Outbound prospecting via service provider visits, Zoom calls, email campaigns, LinkedIn outreach, etc.
- Inbound lead management via email and Zoom or phone calls
- Conduct discovery calls with Service Providers to learn more about their needs
- Maintain relationships with Service Providers and relay industry, partnership sentiment, and product feedback to the Marketplace Leadership Team
- Collaborate with Marketplace Leadership Team on strategic partnerships
- Create partnership and marketing collateral and take part in formulating and developing our growth playbook
- Keep meticulous records of interactions with leads in our CRM
- Identify inefficiencies and implement improvements in our process
- A startup enthusiast who is entrepreneurial at heart and can thrive in a face paced environment
- 1-2 years of experience (full-time or internship equivalent) in a business development or account management role, preferably at an internet marketplace, ecommerce, logistics, or software firm. (Marketplace experience is ideal for this role)
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- A self-starter, reliable, coachable, adaptable, and independent
- Empathetic listener and persuasive communicator
- Competitive, resilient, and highly motivated
- Ownership-mentality with a great attitude and love for teamwork
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Los Angeles-based and can commute to Swyft’s Santa Monica offices
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Benefits And Perks
- Above market salary and equity
- Opportunity for rapid promotions and growth
- Annual company off-site (pending COVID restrictions)
- Centrally located offices in downtown Toronto and Santa Monica (Los Angeles)
- Complete workspace setup (in-office or WFH): your choice of hardware (Mac or PC), chair, and tools
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits: we offer competitive health benefits for you and your dependents
- A team invested in your professional development (monthly trainings, education allowance and more)
- Casual, fun, and creative atmosphere: our office is stocked with healthy snacks and amenities to keep you fueled throughout the day
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delight your customers with affordable same-day delivery