Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Swyft Engineering is looking for great people to join our team. We are a small, highly capable team with big plans for the future. Some of the things we work on include:
- Build automated systems that manage the ingestion, pickup, sort, and delivery of thousands of packages daily across multiple geographies. This number continues to grow.
- Build amazing tools to empower merchants, dispatchers, couriers, and drivers to perform their jobs efficiently and seamlessly.
- Deliver unprecedented customer experiences for our merchants with tracking pages, notifications, and customer experience tools.
As a Senior Software Engineer in a product-focused company, you won’t just code — you will be an integral part of the entire product development process, from conception to post-launch reflection. Swyft’s Engineering team works closely with Operations and Sales teams to develop new technologies that automates complex processes for our customers (merchants and couriers). The engineers do full stack work across all the platforms, from the core of a feature to the UI displaying it. We're looking for outstanding people to help us innovate and scale as we quadruple the number of markets we serve.
- Architect and own major projects while coordinating with various stakeholders (product, sales, operations). We often work on complex problems that require phased rollouts and collaboration with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to understand existing systems and tackle difficult and subtle system-level issues, emphasizing simplicity and long-lasting designs.
- Build systems that scale globally with high availability. We operate in several geographies across various timezones.
- Drive engineering excellence initiatives, ensuring our products maintain a high quality bar across the organization.
- Evaluate, implement, and evangelize new technologies and tools that can help accelerate the product development lifecycle. We are always open to exploring the best tool for the job.
- Contribute to technical specification documents (RFCs).
- Onboard and mentor engineers. We believe in structured onboarding and mentoring processes to ensure a smooth transition into the team and then continued development on the team.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- Experience with AWS or GCP (we use GCP).
- Experience with a modern web framework such as React, Angular, Next, Vue.
- Experience building highly scalable and distributed systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development, with focus on scaling.
- Bonus: experience managing a team of engineers.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- Centrally located offices in downtown Toronto and Santa Monica
- Casual, fun, and creative atmosphere: Our office is stocked with healthy snacks and amenities to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Complete workspace setup (in-office or WFH): Your choice of hardware, desk, chair, and tools. No questions asked.
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits: We offer health benefits for you and your family through Equitable Health.
- Unlimited vacation and paid holidays
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delight your customers with affordable same-day delivery