Head of Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Swyft is a software-enabled B2B marketplace that enables any sized merchant, brand or retailer with same and next-day delivery at rates comparable to 2+ day delivery. Our mission is to create magical delivery experiences for shoppers & help merchants grow sales with the most scalable and flexible same/next-day delivery service.
We aren’t just a shipping and logistics company, we are building the data and framework layer for how a trillion parcels will move within hundreds of cities. Swyft is air traffic control for parcels routed from your favourite store to your door, and you can help us realize this vision. Founded in April 2020, we are fueled by creating delightful customer and employee experience through an experimental and data driven approach. We’ve recently raised over $20M and are backed by the world’s best investors including Inovia Capital, Forerunner Ventures, Golden Ventures, Trucks VC, and Shopify.
We are looking for an engineering leader to drive both the short and long term technical direction for our Engineering team. Reporting to the CTO, you will set up an organization and architect the technology strategy for long-term scale and growth. You'll recruit and manage engineers and engineering managers, drive the product vision and strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders, and help develop the engineering organization as a whole.
- Work with other Swyft leaders to define, design, and execute the plan for Swyft’s technical vision and product strategy
- Build, manage and lead multiple teams of experienced Software Engineers at all levels
- Lead the engineering team to produce high quality, on-time solutions to address business needs
- Curate, groom, prioritize and maintain the technical backlog for Engineering driven initiatives
- Drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment
- Drive technical decisions and work with your product managers to manage the backlogs to support multiple teams within the engineering organization
- Generate and analyze engineering metrics to inform leadership in making data driven decisions
- Champion quality initiatives and best practices to enable the team to continue to develop high quality, maintainable, and performant code
- Build and foster a strong engineering team and positive engineering culture
- 5+ years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of a strong and capable engineering team
- 10+ experience software development experience, building large scale products and delivering breakthrough business results
- An ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Commitment to product excellence and experience promoting the right balance between best practices and feature delivery
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Demonstrated experience in promoting culture and diversity throughout a large engineering organization to achieve transformational change
- Experience with encouraging a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in the latest trends in engineering and leadership, and an above average emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing significant software development projects
- Exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or another related field
At Swyft, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let the recruiting team know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delight your customers with affordable same-day delivery