Software Engineer, Estimation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Modern intelligent systems such as self-driving cars, aerial mobility, and mobile robotics have the potential to improve the safety and efficiency of all forms of transportation. However, to realize their full potential, these systems must be able to navigate safely in any environment, anywhere on the planet. The most ubiquitous and widely used source of navigation, GNSS (commonly referred to as GPS), cannot deliver the precision, resilience, or security needed to support these industries.
Xona is at the forefront of making precise and resilient navigation available on a global scale to help the age of autonomy expand its reach to everyone who can stand to benefit. Our success is dependent upon building an agile and diverse team that is excited about building things that have a real-world impact. We are curious, passionate, innovative, and thrive in a collaborative environment. Experience with space-tech is not required, and even if you don’t meet many of the desired qualifications below we would still love to connect and receive an application from you!
Xona is looking for a Software Engineer specializing in estimation algorithms to join our software team. As part of our software team, you’ll be contributing towards the development of an operational payload for a satellite!
What You'll Do
- Working hand-in-hand with domain experts you’ll implement, optimize, and deploy novel algorithms and schema for precision navigation and state estimation in C++ on test and flight hardware from MATLAB reference implementations
- Evaluate and verify system’s performance on real-world and simulated data
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and code reviews
- Collaborate across different teams to formulate software architecture and requirements towards jointly achieving objectives in improving system performance and reliability
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a relevant field
- 3+ years of professional software development experience in agile C++ environments
- Experience with orbital mechanics, estimation theory, Kalman Filtering in MATLAB and Modern C++ environments
- Proven success in a fast-paced, cross-functional engineering team environment
- Understanding of GPS, GNSS, or other forms of navigation / localization
- All candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) due to U.S. export control regulations.
San Mateo, CA
Your application has been successfully submitted.