Sr. Communications Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Modern intelligent systems such as self-driving cars, aerial mobility, and mobile robotics have the potential to improve the safety and efficiency of all forms of transportation. However, to realize their full potential, these systems must be able to navigate safely in any environment, anywhere on the planet. The most ubiquitous and widely used source of navigation, GNSS (commonly referred to as GPS), cannot deliver the precision, resilience, or security needed to support these industries.
Xona is at the forefront of making precise and resilient navigation available on a global scale to help the age of autonomy expand its reach to everyone who can stand to benefit. Our success is dependent upon building an agile and diverse team that is excited about building things that have a real-world impact. We are curious, passionate, innovative, and thrive in a collaborative environment. Experience with space-tech is not required, and even if you don’t meet many of the desired qualifications below we would still love to connect and receive an application from you!
Xona is looking for a Senior Communications Engineer to join our team. As a member of this team, you will collaborate with our navigation, software, and RF engineers in the support of the development of next generation LEO GNSS signals from the receiver perspective. You will interface with other functional area experts (integrity, security, etc) to optimize these signals and services. You will lead end-user performance analyses with Xona LEO-based signals. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will support the development of an in-house prototype receiver for hardware-in-the-loop testing and interface with external partners.
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected):
- Experience with real world receiver testing in challenging environments (urban/multipath, scintillation, jamming, spoofing)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of GNSS space and user segments
- Experience with theoretical analysis of GNSS performance in various environments using MATLAB, C, C++, or Python
- Design of tracking loops and algorithms for GNSS signals
- Hands-on experience in prototype or mass-production receiver development
- Direct experience in GNSS hardware design in at least one of the following:
- Receiver design for precision applications (RTK, PPP)
- Receiver design for low-cost applications (IoT, cell phone)
- Receiver design for critical applications (automotive, machine control, aviation, infrastructure, DoD, etc.)
- All candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) due to U.S. export control regulations.
San Mateo, CA
Your application has been successfully submitted.