VP of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We deliver the promise of autonomy
At Edge Case Research, we enable our customers to assure the safety of autonomous systems for real world deployment. We are developing products that define and measure the safety of autonomous systems. Our client base spans diverse markets such as automotive, mining, defense, insurance, and aerospace. Edge Case is founded by the recognized world leaders in autonomy safety. Our experts are writing the standards and developing the products that will bring innovation safely into society.
VP of People:
Edge Case Research is looking for a leader of our people operations team. The VP of People reports to the CEO and works closely with executives across the company to build and nurture our mission-focused company as we grow, as well as manage talent acquisition, employee development, and people operations. You will have the chance to establish new policies and procedures and grow your team, and most of all to significantly influence the growth and maturation of a fast-growing startup company. If you are interested in working alongside the most experienced team in autonomous system safety, and you have a background in any of these areas, we are interested in hearing from you!
- Synchronizing people operations over our global operations.
- Providing guidance and mentorship on employee development, management strategies, cross-cultural communication, and other topics.
- Coordinate with leadership team on People Ops strategy execution
- Develops, implements, and coordinates policies and procedures for the Human Resources department
- Oversees employee performance management
- Leads department personnel, including direct supervision, hiring, training, and performance management.
- Leading all phases of talent management such as succession planning, performance evaluation processes, talent pipelines, and selection processes, compensation and benchmarking
- Oversee recruitment efforts to ensure the organization is effectively and efficiently sourcing and selecting the right candidates.
- Develop and drive talent management strategies to ensure effective staffing alignment with the needs of the business. Create systems to attract talent, identify critical talent needs, develop core competencies and identify corresponding development opportunities.
- Mentoring leaders to assess development needs as well as designing and leading programs that build people management and leadership skills and capabilities
- Proactively ensures people operations and processes scale effectively as the organization grows.
- Coordinating and planning onboarding and training for new and existing employees in conjunction with other company leaders
- Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, organization leadership, or equivalent experience.
- SHRM certification
- Experience leading, building, and maintaining trust in a fast-growing startup.
- 12-15+ years People/HR experience with 5-8+ years in a leadership position.
- Must be an exceptional communicator to cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Smart, helpful, friendly, and effective communication style.
- Experience designing and instituting people operations at a startup; a true hands-on mindset.
- Willing to travel occasionally to ECR’s offices in Munich, Germany
Nice To Have
- Background in the software industry
- Headquarters: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision insurance with majority of premiums covered
- Employee stock option plan
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement plan with company match
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Group life insurance
- Snacks and coffee provided at Pittsburgh and Munich offices
- Flexible working hours with work from home options to support work/life balance
Edge Case Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ECR values all employees’ talents and supports an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We Deliver The Promise Of Autonomy