Software Application Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Edge Case Research is on a mission to ensure that everyone stepping into a self-driving car should get a safe ride. Our customers are developers, integrators, operators, and insurers. Our products deliver live safety cases to help our customers define, measure, and assure the safety of autonomous systems in the real world. Our company focuses on the core values of being smart, helpful and friendly.
Software Application Engineer:
Edge Case aspires to help our customers achieve safe autonomy leveraging our products and solutions offerings. To this end, Edge Case invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help our customers realize their safety outcomes.
As a Software Application Engineer you are a member of a high-performing team of software and safety specialists that are well versed in technologies like cloud and on-premise software deployment, project management and technology trends.
The Software Application Engineer is accountable for the end to end service program delivery within an assigned portfolio of customers, representing Customer Success throughout all deal phases of pre-sales, customer roll-out and deployment, and ongoing customer support while demonstrating a critical partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The Software Application Engineer serves as the primary point of contact/escalation for their portfolio of customers. The Software Application Engineer is responsible for driving customer satisfaction, customer effective use of Edge Case’s software platforms, consumption, growth and the governance of delivery for their portfolio of accounts.
- Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication. Partner with all required Edge Case stakeholders to drive overall customer success.
- Accelerate cross cloud workload projects to production, including technical readiness, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration.
- Working with customers to gather requirements, design integration workflows and architectures as well as performing end-user training.
- Deliver high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful.
To be effective as a Software Application Engineer you have experience in working with high-performance teams in building, developing, deploying and maintaining cloud and enterprise software platforms.
- For US applications: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in technical sales, application engineering, consultative or program delivery. Demonstrated capability in managing complex projects and support engagements required.
- Collaboration: Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required
- Communication: Must possess the ability to hold CxO and Senior Management level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Technical Acumen:
- Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to solutions required
- Demonstrated experience with a major cloud technology provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Understanding and experience with data and/or system integration
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required
- Demonstrated prior technical, consultative or program delivery
- Prior coding experience helpful
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
- PMP Or Other Project Management Certification Preferred but not required
- Headquarters: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- European Office: Munich, Germany
- Working remotely is acceptable and can be discussed during the interview process
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance with majority of premiums covered
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Group Life Insurance
- Snacks and Coffee provided at Pittsburgh and Munich Offices
- Flexible Working Hours with Work from Home Options to support Work/Life balance
Edge Case Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ECR values all employees’ talents and supports an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
DELIVER THE PROMISE OF AUTONOMY WITH EDGE CASE RESEARCH