Robot Safety Operator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
With our fleet of autonomous mobile delivery robots we are growing quickly, propelled by exciting advances in robotics technology, demographics, business models, social and regulatory policies. As consumer expectations and requirements change, so must the services and businesses that serve them. In a sector that is struggling to keep up due to legacy costs, dated infrastructure and poor integration, Refraction AI is a breath of fresh air, demonstrating what is possible with a little innovation, a dash of brilliance, and a whole lot of common sense.
As we continue to improve our autonomy stack, we are looking for enthusiastic and reliable individuals to be the human eyes of our robots, as Robot Safety Guides, in Ann Arbor, MI.
- You are enthusiastic about new technology and enjoy working on leading edge projects
- You are focused, organized and obsessed with details
- You are observant with good analytical and logical reasoning abilities
- You are enthusiastic and patient (very important for this role's repetitive nature)
- You thrive in uncharted territory and push the limit of your comfort zone
- You value human safety and keep this at the forefront of your work
- You are authentic and a team player
- You enjoy gaming
About the Position
- Guide and occasionally operate robotic vehicles in urban settings to conduct deliveries in a safe and reliable manner
- Complete vehicle inspections and log vehicle information in the fleet management system
- Problem solve issues during delivery fulfillment
- Track delivery issues and communicate to relevant operations team in a timely manner
- Work closely with Product Development teams to help inform technology and customer experience advancements that continue to ensure robot safety and reliability
- Communicate delivery issues to Operations team
- Complete minor repairs on vehicle
- Complete post trip report and file with operations team
- Partner with local operations team improve delivery service in local market
- Perform all other duties within the scope of responsibility as may be needed to be successful in the role
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and 2+ years driving history
- Detail-oriented, focused, responsible and reliable
- Ability to work independently, but strong team player attributes
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
Reports to: General Manager - Ann Arbor
Work Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time available
Employment Opportunity and Benefits of Employment: We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace environment for all of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer
We offer a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits and generous PTO. The company will provide the necessary technology resources.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safe and Cost Effective Last-Mile Logistics