This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gatik is leading the way in autonomous middle-mile delivery by developing a safe, efficient, autonomous delivery solution that addresses real pain points for the retail industry. Operating on fixed, predetermined routes, we are the first company to develop and deploy light/medium duty autonomous box trucks.
Founded in 2017, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. Gatik’s autonomous vehicles have been operating in North America with multiple Fortune 500 retail partners including Walmart, Loblaw, and others yet to be announced publicly. These partnerships are a first in the AV industry: this kind of middle-mile integration with major retailers has never been done before, marking the first-ever deployment of a hub-and-spoke AV delivery model.
We’re hyper-focused on solving for the middle mile; an unsaturated and underserved segment of the supply chain. With e-commerce demand rising exponentially, it’s now more important than ever. We’re looking for the best because that is what our customers expect.
Our Operations Coordinator should be passionate about the intersection of logistics and technology and inspired by the challenge of helping build world-class logistics operations and transportation networks. This person should enjoy building initiatives from the ground up, she or he is consistently curious and boasts a proven track record of delivering complex projects, consistently exceeding expectations. This person should be excited about owning ambiguous, hairy new challenges and tasks both as required and as she or he discovers them. Gatik is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes.
- She or he is responsible for assisting Operations leadership with day-to-day operational planning, delivery, monitoring, and reporting. We are looking for team members who are driven by customer success and improving transportation operations
- You will be responsible for helping meet both customer requirements and ensuring department and company goals are achieved. You will assist in reviewing and ensuring data is up to date for vehicle maintenance, reporting, etc.
Specifically, you will
- Drive a safety-first culture across all aspects of the operations
- Assist with recruitment, training, and retention of quality Autonomous Vehicle Operators (AVOs) and Dispatchers
- Assist managers in day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities and updating the pre-approved schedules of AVOs (autonomous vehicle operators) and dispatchers
- Monitor, control, and manage business operations to meet customer expectations and company goals
- Coordinate vehicle transportation process: Request and analyze transportation quotes from carriers, vehicle status, shipper/receiver/carrier adherence to Gatik process
- Ensure process audit documents are complete and on time
- Coordinate and execute vehicle maintenance and repair processes with suppliers/partners
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted budget and timelines
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures and keeping standards and procedure documentation up to date
- Evaluate current operational performance and provide a strategic plan for improvements
- Arrange training sessions and develop training materials for new and existing employees and contractors
- Identify problems in the operations process and resolve them in a quick and timely manner
- Keep ELD logs and regulatory and registration up-to-date, vehicle maintenance logs, and maintenance reminders up to date by performing regular audits
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes
- Positive attitude in stressful situations. Flexibility with last-minute changes and working hours is necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation Management, Fleet Management and/or related field/work experience
- Proven experience as coordinating logistics and/or operations
- Great organizational skills using tools such as Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems
- Proven ability to seamlessly navigate and shift between strategic thinking and tactical activities, understanding the linkage and impact between them
- Excellent analytical aptitude and experience with Excel and other data analysis tools
- “Get stuff done” mentality and proven operational effectiveness
- Influential, resilient, and humble yet assertive; able to effectively tell the story to a variety of audiences
- Data analytics experience
- Knowledge of vehicle engine, drive train, frame and body, suspension and steering, braking, exhaust, and ignition systems
- Supply Chain, Logistics, and Operations experience
- Familiarity with Hours of Service, USDOT, and Ontario MTO requirements
- Experience with vehicle import and export regulations/documentation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile