Operational Excellence (OpEx) Manager (North America)
Gatik is leading the way in autonomous middle-mile delivery by developing a safe, efficient, autonomous delivery solution that addresses real pain points for the retail industry. Operating on fixed, predetermined routes, we are the first company to develop and deploy light/medium duty autonomous box trucks.
Founded in 2017, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. Gatik’s autonomous vehicles have been operating in North America with multiple Fortune 500 retail partners including Walmart, Loblaw, and others yet to be announced publicly. These partnerships are a first in the AV industry: this kind of middle-mile integration with major retailers has never been done before, marking the first-ever deployment of a hub-and-spoke AV delivery model.
We’re hyper-focused on solving for the middle mile; an unsaturated and underserved segment of the supply chain. With e-commerce demand rising exponentially, it’s now more important than ever. We’re looking for the best because that is what our customers expect.
Our Operational Excellence (OpEx) Manager should be passionate about the intersection of logistics and technology and inspired by the challenge of building world-class logistics operations and transportation networks. This person should enjoy building initiatives from the ground-up, she or he is consistently curious and boasting a proven track record of delivering complex projects, consistently exceeding expectations. This person should be excited about owning ambiguous, hairy new challenges and tasks both as required and as she or he discovers them. Gatik is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes.
- The OpEx Manager is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for and passionate about developing, managing, and executing projects, processes, training, and continuous improvement culture in Gatik’s North American (currently US and Canada) operations in pursuit of world-class customer service and company goals. She or he will be responsible for researching and executing strategic procurement, project management, process improvements, and facilitating information flow for Gatik’s rapidly scaling US operations.
- She or he is responsible for day-to-day operational planning, delivery, monitoring, and reporting. They’re an influential team player, capable of sporting multiple hats simultaneously while providing exceptional hands-on and remote leadership to meet customer needs while driving autonomous technology development. We are looking for team members who are driven by customer success and improving transportation operations.
- The ideal candidate will have a track record of significant achievements, tremendous drive, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves. You will be responsible for developing and delivering standardized processes, training on those processes, and a continuous improvement culture (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma). This individual will manage multiple major operations projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a full understanding of project management, data insight of productivity and operations, and continuously demonstrate an ability to tackle complex problems and implement solutions.
Specifically, you will
- Drive a safety-first culture (SPQDC) across all aspects of the operations
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships; demonstrated track record of customer-facing leadership experience
- Draft, deliver, maintain, audit, continuously improve, and train on SOPs and OpEx methodologies
- Develop, maintain, deploy, and deliver OpEx and SOP training
- Support an inclusive, diverse, collaborative, transparent, data-driven environment for our team so they provide ongoing feedback and build problem-solving skills
- Determine, publish, communicate, and track training schedules and status
- Ensure that the training material content meets the Gatik training objectives and needs. Continuously evaluate ways to improve the training quality and best practice sharing.
- Drive and lead continuous improvement culture and tools, such as 5-S, Standard Work (including Leader Standard Work), Visual Management, and Problem Solving (e.g. PDCA, DMAIC, RCCM, Kaizen) or similar
- Identify, break down, simplify, and explain complex ambiguous problems; execute while coaching others
- Build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams to identify, execute, implement, and track process improvement impact using data
- Partner with Gatik senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders and partners to answer the most important strategic & operational questions and priorities
- Conduct rigorous quantitative, qualitative, strategic and operational analysis to monitor and increase operational efficiency via both iterative and radical, out-of-the-box improvements
- Develop reports and presentations for exec/senior management level and customer review
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude in stressful situations; flexibility with last-minute changes and working hours is necessary
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or related experience
- 5+ years leading/influencing highly performing teams, ideally in a remote team environment, in distribution, production/operations management, warehouse management, or related field
- Strong team player with highly developed communication, presentation, and professional writing skills
- Lean Management, Six-Sigma, or similar training or experience
- Ability to collect and analyze data and information; identify the root cause and execute process improvement
- Ability to pinpoint problems and find creative solutions in collaboration with your business partners
- Significant experience leading projects from inception to completion, exceeding expectations
- Proven ability to seamlessly navigate and shift between strategic thinking and tactical activities, understanding the linkage and impact between them
- Excellent analytical aptitude and experience with Excel and other data analysis tools
- Comfort leading leadership-level decision making and ability to tactfully support decision logic
- Get stuff done mentality and proven operational effectiveness
- Influential, resilient, and humble yet assertive; able to effectively tell the story to a variety of audiences
- Influence people and teams that don’t directly report to you while leading groups to consensus
- Proven track record of interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- Feels at home at the Gemba and ever-changing, diverse environments
- Willing to travel between the US and Canada as necessary to support the customer and the Gatik team as needed
- Extensive knowledge of operations management, including previous experience working with carriers, warehousing, 3PLs, cross-border transportation, and logistics systems
- Knowledge of vehicle engine, drive train, frame and body, suspension and steering, braking, exhaust, and ignition systems
- Supply Chain, Logistics, and Operations Management Consulting experience
- Experience with scaling businesses and launching new operations
- PMP Certified or similar
- Basic knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems
- Proficiency with Tableau (or other BI software) and SQL
- Quality Management System (QMS) deployment experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile