This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, business-to-business (B2B) logistics for the retail industry, enabling its customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance inventory pooling across multiple locations, reduce labor costs and meet an unprecedented demand for contactless delivery.
We are looking for an experienced General Counsel, who will be responsible for leading and handling cutting-edge and complex legal projects and matters involving financial regulatory and other regulatory compliance areas. You must have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and organizational needs. Your advice and creativity will help shape the legal, product, and technology strategy for our entire business.
- Review global products, features, platforms, and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions
- Support Gatik’s compliance with regulatory requirements and permission to operate in various federal, state, and local jurisdictions
- Provide creative solutions on legal, regulatory, and policy issues related to autonomous vehicle technology
- Review and draft related agreements (e.g. customer service agreements, cloud services, and vendor services agreements)
- Build processes to improve the company’s operating efficiency and mitigate legal risk.
- Top-notch integrity and judgment
- JD degree or equivalent with a strong academic record; Active and in good standing in one State Bar in the USA
- 5+ years experience of relevant law firm, government, and/or in-house experience
- 2+ years of experience advising on regulatory requirements, compliance, and/or programs, and/or working with government agencies or regulators
- Significant experience negotiating, drafting, and solving issues for various types of commercial contracts, including those relating to manufacturing vendors, technology vendors, automotive suppliers, software, professional services, and real estate/facilities
- Experience working with government entities, regulators, and complex institutions to provide analysis on proposed legislation and regulations
- Experience with litigation or product liability issues
- Self-starting, proactive, driven, adaptable with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to adapt and “roll your sleeves up” to execute sound solutions that drive our business goals forward in ambiguous and novel situations
- Collaborative team player across all levels and functions; demonstrated ability to maintain productive professional relationships
- Experience working for or with OEM and vehicle-manufacturing companies
- Experience handling manufacturing and environmental regulatory and compliance issues
- Experience with other types of corporate transactional documents, such as financing documents and real estate agreements
- Experience handling commercial contract disputes. Experience drafting software license agreements
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile