Field Services Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, business-to-business (B2B) logistics for the retail industry, enabling its customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance inventory pooling across multiple locations, reduce labor costs and meet an unprecedented demand for contactless delivery.
We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative candidates who would like to work in a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you love building scalable, reliable, maintainable infrastructure, and enjoy working closely with talented and collaborative teammates and users, we'd love to talk to you!
You are a curious and hands-on individual? Do you enjoy solving unique problems and venturing into unknown territory? Are you able to organize your own work as part of a team working to a common goal?
You are familiar with computers and electronics as well as the mechanical aspects of trucks and feel confident in performing minor mechanical repairs and maintenance. You feel comfortable working with mechanics and with engineers. Additionally, you maintain a clean and tidy workshop and pride yourself on the quality of your work.
- A relevant trade certificate or college degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Regular truck maintenance and checks to support a fleet of autonomous and manual vehicles in order to maximize uptime and availability.
- Assisting the engineering team with diagnostics and testing
- Troubleshooting networking and computer issues
- Replacing networking and computer hardware as necessary
- Organizing dealer services and specialist repairs as necessary
- Assisting in creating assembly, troubleshooting and repair documentation
- Tracing wiring faults, diagnosing failures, repairing automotive harnesses and replacing electrical components as necessary
- Tracking and documenting work completed and changes made to the vehicles
- Assisting in installation, calibration and replacement of optical sensors
- Working closely with our engineering teams to improve the product.
- Comfortable and competent with vehicle maintenance and diagnosis
- Good knowledge or wiring including soldering, crimping, splicing and repair
- Good knowledge of computer usage including command-line tools
- Good technical communication skills
- Familiarity with vehicle diagnostic tools
- Demonstrated technical troubleshooting skills.
- An automotive technician trade and experience
- Experience with diagnosing and repairing modern CANbus-based automotive systems
- Experience in building and repairing computer and networking systems
- Experience with Linux command-line tools
- Knowledge of Python or MatLab for data processing and scripting.
- Experience in electronics design and diagnosis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile