Technical Lead - Perception
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light/medium duty box trucks for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We are seeking top minds to lead the development of perception capabilities for our autonomous vehicles. The ideal candidate will be a software expert who has overseen a process from the R&D phase through product shipment and has a passion for leading teams and developing real-world solutions.
- Create advanced perception systems that accurately perceive a self-driving vehicle’s environment using imaging and 3D sensors
- Develop, test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
- Design and implement all key components of perception system such as object detection, object tracking, and multi-sensor fusion
- Create optimized pipelines for data pre-processing, model training, data post-processing, inferencing etc.
- Train perception models, evaluate their performance, investigate and fix performance bottlenecks
- Develop scalable training and evaluation tools and infrastructure
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in CS, EE or related field
- Expert knowledge of modern C++ (C++11 or later)
- Expert knowledge of Python (2.7 or 3.x)
- Strong background in deep learning and computer vision
- In-depth understanding of software performance and optimization
- Strong math fundamentals and a good grasp of 3D geometry and vector math
- Experience building and shipping software frameworks or tools that are used by others than the authors of the framework
- Worked with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Past experience in motion tracking, semantic segmentation, and object recognition
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with multiple sensor modalities used in robotics and AVs
- Experience developing in a highly-concurrent, multi-processor, and multi-threaded environment
- Understanding of JIRA and program management tools and processes
- Experience with distributed computing
- Publications in your field (especially CVPR, CoRL, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile