Technical Lead - Localization and Mapping
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light/medium duty trucks for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We are seeking talented engineers to join our mapping and localization team to lead development of the core algorithms for pose estimation using a variety of sensors and build large scale data processing pipelines for building maps. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
- Research and develop algorithms for localization, mapping, state estimation and odometry based on multiple input modalities such as inertial sensors, one or more cameras, GNSS and other sensors
- Develop offline test infrastructure for localization algorithm assessment
- Investigate, test and calibrate sensors for integration into sensor fusion algorithms
- Work closely with camera perception and sensor fusion teams to build 3D perception pipeline
- Fuse data from the map after localization with perception
- Improve online localization performance and accuracy for better robustness and redundancy
- Analyze and architect safety and redundancy in the localization system
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Robotics, CS or related field
- Excellent software development skills in C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience working on the full stack of a robotics system
- Hands-on knowledge in 3D pose estimation using point cloud registration techniques (e.g. ICP, NDT matching)
- Real-world experience in implementing nonlinear Kalman filtering and smoothing techniques (e.g. EKF, UKF, and RTS smoother)
- Hands-on knowledge of data structures and algorithms for point cloud processing, and are familiar with ROS/ROS2 and PCL
- Solid knowledge of SLAM - frontend and backend, point cloud registration, GNSS/INS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with C++ build systems, such as bazel and CMake
- Solid technical foundation in CPU and GPU architectures, containers and numeric libraries
- Experience using software project management software, such as Jira, Confluence etc
- 5+ years industry work experience
- Experience creating intuitive visualizations for spatial data
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills
- Publications in your field (especially CVPR, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including 401K, medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile