Software Engineer I or II, Controls
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative candidates who would like to work in a growing fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Develop control systems for autonomous vehicles, ensuring that the behavior of our vehicles is safe and smooth
- Develop scalable frameworks to support many types of vehicles and configurations
- Implement distributed software to process vehicle data and perform validation testing
- Improve onboard software stack stability, health monitoring, and error reporting
- Design efficient components and optimize existing software for limited compute platforms
- Optimize the trajectory planning to achieve a comfortable and smooth ride
- Bachelors or a higher degree in CS, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with classical control and optimization techniques, LQR, MPC
- 1 - 4+ years of industry experience using C++ and Python in production
- Familiarity with state estimation techniques, trajectory planning algorithms, and drive-by-wire systems
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in one or more of Operating Systems, Databases, Concurrency, Linux Kernel, Compilers, Distributed Systems, etc
- Experience in characterizing vehicle dynamics and behavior models
- Knowledge of robotics and frameworks such as ROS or LCM
- Linux kernel development experience
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art 3D control simulation frameworks
- Experience with CAN bus
- Experience with SocketCAN
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile