Software Engineer, Controls
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates who would like to work in a growing fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Develop control systems for autonomous vehicles, ensuring that the behavior of our vehicles is safe and smooth
- Develop scalable frameworks to support many types of vehicles and configurations
- Implement distributed software to process vehicle data and perform validation testing
- Improve onboard software stack stability, health monitoring, and error reporting
- Design efficient components and optimize existing software for limited compute platforms
- Optimize the trajectory planning to achieve a comfortable and smooth ride
- Bachelors or a higher degree in CS, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with classical control and optimization techniques, LQR, MPC
- 3+ years of industry experience using C++ and Python in production
- Familiarity with state estimation techniques, trajectory planning algorithms, and drive-by-wire systems
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in one or more of: Operating Systems, Databases, Concurrency, Linux Kernel, Compilers, Distributed Systems, etc
- Experience in characterizing vehicle dynamics and behavior models
- Knowledge of robotics and frameworks such as ROS or LCM
- Linux kernel development experience
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art 3D control simulation frameworks
- Experience with CAN bus
- Experience with SocketCAN
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile