Software Engineer - Teleoperations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light/medium duty trucks for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Founded in 2017 by veterans of the autonomous technology space, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We are seeking talented software engineers to help us build innovative tools, telemetry and remote control systems for our AVs. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
- Design software that allows our AVs to determine when to request remote assist, and how to respond to remote assistance requests.
- Build components of a distributed system that enables safe teleoperation of vehicles
- Develop a world-class remote controlling and monitoring infrastructure
- Build the core communication system and cloud platform to connect AVs and remote operators. Work with the planning and controls team to develop software to implement remote assist features.
- Develop new technology to improve wireless video transmission, driver assistance features, and remote vehicle management
- Masters’ degree in CS, Robotics or related field
- 5+ years general software engineering experience
- Skilled software developer with experience writing C++ in production environment
- Middleware experience with RTPS systems such as DDS
- Experience in software design for safety-critical systems
- Deep technical understanding of distributed systems, networking, real-time systems, and video compression
- Experience with LTE standards and architecture
- Strong leadership and solid project management skills
- Experience with video compression (e.g. H.264, H.265, VP8/9, AV1)
- Experience with peer-to-peer networking technology, such as WebRTC
- Experience with ROS/ROS2 framework
- Experience with AWS, Docker and CI/CD workflows
- Experience using software project management software, such as Jira, Confluence etc
- Experience with C++ build systems, such as bazel and CMake
- Qt or similar UI framework experience
- Experience in developing highly robust, safety-centered applications
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile