Senior Deep Learning Software Engineer - Perception and Prediction
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates who would like to work in a growing fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Create advanced perception systems that accurately perceive a self-driving vehicle’s environment using imaging and 3D sensors
- Develop, test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, production quality code
- Design and implement all key components of perception system such as object detection, object tracking, and multi-sensor fusion
- Create optimized pipelines for data pre-processing, model training, data post-processing, inferencing etc.
- Train perception models, evaluate their performance, investigate and fix performance bottlenecks
- Develop scalable training and evaluation tools and infrastructure
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in CS, EE or related field, or at least 6 years of software development experience.
- Expert knowledge of modern C++ (C++11 or later)
- Expert knowledge of Python (2.7 or 3.x)
- Worked with one or more neural network frameworks, such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Strong background in deep learning and computer vision
- Experience with sensor data processing, environment modelling, large-scale point-cloud processing, or machine learning
- Proven track record of building and shipping machine learning features in products
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight
- Experience building and shipping software frameworks or tools that are used by others than the authors of the framework
- Experience in software design for safety-critical systems
- Experience with sensor modalities used in robotics and automated driving applications (Camera/Vision, Radar, LiDAR, INS/IMU)
- Demonstrated academic or industry experience in developing novel deep learning models
- Deep understanding of GPU architecture
- Experience with CUDA
- Experience with distributed computing
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile