Full Stack Software Engineer - Platform
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a highly experienced team of engineers and researchers, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for short-haul logistics.
We are seeking talented full stack engineers to build innovative tools and applications, whether web or native, for our autonomous vehicles. Candidates who would like to join a fast-paced, execution-oriented team please reach out.
- Design and develop Gatik’s real-time system and application development framework
- Implement the onboard communication layers and the task management subsystem
- Support the autonomy system developers to make sure their components are running efficiently and with minimal compute and memory usage
- Develop vehicle software and backend infrastructure systems
- Design robust, high throughput SW to power the autonomy stack
- Lay the groundwork for a large, ever evolving network of autonomous vehicles operating all over N. America
- Evangelize and introduce SW design best practices and SOTA tools and frameworks
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field
- Strong experience writing modern C++ and Python
- 5+ years of software development experience, with at least 2 years of production facing C++
- Experience building large scale service oriented applications
- Solid understanding in middleware technology and distributed systems
- Experience in systems programming and operating systems
- Experience designing and building backend systems
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals behind robust CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with cloud infrastructure
- Strong cross-team communication skills
- Experience developing scalable APIs, frameworks and web apps with ability to build, launch, and iterate quickly
- Experience with network optimization, especially WebSockets, data compression and latency reduction
- Background in networking and real-time communication
- Experience (and lots of opinions about) building maintainable, multi-node applications
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile