Senior Electrical Engineer - Automotive Electronics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gatik is leading the way in autonomous middle-mile delivery by developing a safe, efficient, autonomous delivery solution that addresses real pain points for the retail industry. Operating on fixed, predetermined routes, we are the first company to develop and deploy light/medium duty autonomous box trucks.
Founded in 2017, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. Gatik’s autonomous vehicles have been operating in North America with multiple Fortune 500 retail partners including Walmart, Loblaws, and others yet to be announced publicly. These partnerships are a first in the AV industry: this kind of middle-mile integration with major retailers has never been done before, marking the first-ever deployment of a hub-and-spoke AV delivery model.
We are seeking skilled and highly motivated individuals to join our hardware team to help support the development of autonomous vehicles. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
- Modify, design and build automotive wiring harnesses for integrating Drive-by-Wire and Autonomy systems into existing platforms
- Triage vehicle status through CANbus messages
- Document, verify and validate the CANbus Architecture and implementation for the Drive-By-Wire Systems
- Verify and document existing electrical architecture
- Design, define and document new electrical architectures
- Design harnesses for low-volume manufacturing including creating wiring harness drawings suitable for outsourced manufacturing
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and electronic issues on our fleet of autonomous delivery vehicles
- Work with other disciplines to develop FMEA and Safety Analyses
- Mentor others and support a growing multidisciplinary team
- A tertiary qualification in electrical/electronic/mechatronics engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in managing people and projects successfully
- Experience in designing and documenting automotive wiring and harnesses including component selection and requirements definition
- Experience in eCAD for schematics and wiring harness drawing generation
- Experience in CANbus design and analysis
- Hands-on skills for troubleshooting and repairing harnesses
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight
- Project Management skills
- Experience managing partner and vendor relationships
- An understanding of relevant safety standards and automotive standards such as ISO 26262, ISO/PAS 21448 etc.
- Experience with MatLab, Python or a similar engineering data processing toolkit.
- Experience in test and validation using SiL/HiL/ViL techniques
- Experience with CAN datalogging and Calibration tools such as RaptorCal, CANoe, CANape, CANking etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile