Software Engineer - Web applications
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light/medium-duty trucks for business-to-business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a highly experienced team of engineers and researchers, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for short-haul logistics.
One of the Gatik's key focus areas is the Gatik Fleet - Telematics, which focuses on providing 24x7 access to real-time vehicle and trip-related data to our internal and external customers. We are looking for full-stack software developers for building stellar web applications to enable smart fleet connectivity and fleet management. Candidates who would like to join a fast-paced, execution-oriented team please reach out.
- Develop web applications using Python as Backend and React.js as front end, that is compatible across all devices and browsers
- Implement new features, fix issues and keep tabs on post-release metrics
- Focus on code quality and write reliable tests to detect problems early
- Track and solve issues and feedback reported by internal and external customers
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements, validate codes and fix issues
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field
- 2+ years of software development experience, with at least 1 years of production facing Python and React.js
- Experience working with UI/UX designer and product managers in developing front-end applications
- Working knowledge of NoSQL preferably MongoDB
- Experience using REST APIs and GitHub
- Strong cross-team communication skills
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS/Azure Cloud
- Working knowledge of CI/CD and system monitoring tools
- Experience working in logistics/fleet management software
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile