This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, business-to-business (B2B) logistics for the retail industry, enabling its customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance inventory pooling across multiple locations, reduce labor costs and meet an unprecedented demand for contactless delivery.
We are seeking a talented project manager with a penchant for linking tactical requirements to corporate strategy and driving cross-functional and complex projects forward. Candidates who would like to join a fast-paced, execution-oriented team please reach out.
The Project Manager not only successfully manages projects but also informs overall strategy and is accountable for a high degree of decision-making. They manage key internal and external client projects, including risk and the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. They oversee all aspects of projects, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize the progress of projects into actionable reports for upper management.
The successful candidate is familiar with a variety of autonomous vehicles, automotive, and/or logistics concepts, practices, and procedures. They both lead and direct the work of others.
A strong degree of creativity and latitude is expected to enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests while exploring opportunities to continuously improve processes.
- Work on prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management, and tracking of external commitments
- Work with upper management to determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare a budget based on the scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project execution
- Monitor progress, report across the project chain, and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, logistics, business, or a related field
- Domain expertise in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, robotics, and/or logistics
- 5+ years of project management and related experience at a high-growth technology company
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle and proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to manage complex technical projects that require coordinating across different organizations and/or fields
- Experience with project/task management tools like Jira
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Understanding of both hardware and software development and experience shipping a system solution in a timely manner
- Big-picture thinking and vision
- Conflict resolution and collaboration skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile