Head of Supply Chain
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, business-to-business (B2B) logistics for the retail industry, enabling its customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance inventory pooling across multiple locations, reduce labor costs and meet an unprecedented demand for contactless delivery.
We are seeking a talented supply chain procurement, quality, and project manager with a penchant for linking tactical requirements to corporate strategy and driving cross-functional and complex projects forward. Candidates who would like to join a fast-paced, execution-oriented team please reach out.
The Head of Supply Chain will handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. You will collaborate actively with the engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
The successful candidate is familiar with a variety of autonomous vehicles, automotive, and/or supply chain concepts, practices, and procedures. They both lead and direct the work of others.
- Drive operational excellence in supply chain capabilities through a yearly strategic roadmap
- Develop and maintain a sourcing strategy for the assigned commodities in coordination with business stakeholders to meet current and future product requirements
- Manage the strategic vendor relationship as the primary commercial point of contact for Gatik and each supplier
- Lead the initiation and transformation of global supply chain operations through the development and execution of supply chain simplification and variable/base cost productivity initiatives
- Model different supply chain systems to be implemented that align to the businesses’ market demand patterns and the operations centers’ manufacturing models
- Implement supplier redundancy strategy; different sourcing alternatives that consider the trade-offs between cost, lead-time, inventory, and responsiveness
- Analyze and assess industry and market dynamics on a quarterly and annual basis to assess product, supply, and inventory needs to meet revenue and margin targets
- Develop and maintain technology trends, market forces, cost trends, and supplier technology roadmaps
- Engage in strategic negotiations to achieve favorable conditions and strong supplier partnerships
- Develop a QMS (Quality Management System) compliant with ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Develop a robust supplier development plan. Assess supplier manufacturing facilities and determine if the supplier is capable of meeting technical, manufacturing, and quality requirements
- Drive supplier PPAP timing plans, and submission and approval dates to ensure adherence/compliance to program timing
- Develop supplier quality program; monitor supplier performance to program deliverables and part quality. Develop and implement countermeasures as needed
- Ensure completion of onsite supplier assessments for potential new suppliers
- Act as a trusted advisor to the organization for matters pertaining to component cost including savings opportunities, supplier strategy/capabilities, VA/VE, and lean manufacturing
- Perform cost modeling, negotiation, and execution of part and assembly cost strategy
- Master’s Degree or above in Materials Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum 7+ years experience in a Sr. Manager / Director role within the automotive manufacturing
- Extensive understanding of broad global supply chain competencies including procurement, purchasing, capacity planning across the value chain, and supplier quality
- Solid working knowledge of best practices, planning, and purchasing systems, and experience with systems selection, implementation, and upgrades
- Strong working knowledge of leading-edge manufacturing and materials management processes is required as is experienced with international businesses
- Significant experience with supplier network modeling
- Strong background in Supply Chain Planning systems
- In-depth understanding of SAP or similar ERP technologies
- Strong cross-team communication skills
- Experience with developing a supplier diversity and sustainability program
- Travel requirements of this role are domestic and international - up to 25%
- Ability to read and understand engineering components and assembly drawings
- Solid understanding of automotive and technical parts
- Cost modeling and estimation for material and manufacturing costs
- Familiarity with compliance and audit standards
- MBA is a plus
- Big-picture thinking and vision, while retaining attention to detail
- Proven conflict resolution and collaboration skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile