Business Development Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Freight and logistics are the lifeblood of our economy. Axle is a financial services company that keeps the supply chain moving by providing freight intermediaries a software-based solution that automates operational overhead & time-consuming back-office processes, so they can maintain better control of their cash flow.
We’re growing 50% month over month, and we’re excited about the opportunities for expansion in our product roadmap. To sustain this growth, we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team.
We see Axle as a constant work-in-progress, and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. Our core values are tenacity, curiosity, empathy and transparency, which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in the company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well and have a team-first mentality. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help others in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term.
We are intentionally a fully-remote team and have team members across all time zones.
Axle is a consciously diverse workplace - across the organization and within each team. We are committed to equitable hiring, training, and advancement. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for a Business Development Officer to join our growing team. We’re fully remote (always have been, always will be) so no need to worry about relocating.
- 3+ years of previous sales experience in freight brokerage or logistics, factoring, carrier, or freight technology/software
- Prospecting and cold calling prospective start-up and established brokers
- Following up with inbound leads through phone calls and emails
- Management of the sales process from beginning to end
- Detailed descriptions and documentation of contacts and accounts within CRM
- Educating clients on Axle’s platform, services and customer onboarding
- Collaborate across organization (internal sales team, product, and operations) to help close more deals and provide insight on feedback from clients
- Email content and targeted monthly pieces based on client needs
- Generous Option Grant
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote
- Quarterly Offsites (when it’s safe to travel again)
- Home Office Build-Out Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance
- Healthcare Reimbursement for Premiums and Medical/Dental/Vision Expenses
- Cell Phone Plan Reimbursement
- Home Internet Reimbursement
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- 401K Program
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-One Financial Platform for Modern Freight Brokers