Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Stable, you’ll design products that EV charging organizations use to architect tomorrow’s infrastructure.
If that sounds like something you’re passionate about, we welcome you to join our team of diverse problem solvers from across academia and the automotive industry.
Stable Auto is an early-stage, venture-backed company developing the mission control for charging station build-outs. We work to navigate the unknowns, clearing the way to a fully-electric future, faster.
We offer comprehensive health plans including dental and vision coverage, 401k, parental and family leave, and flexible onsite, hybrid, or remote work with work-from-home stipends available.
About the role
We are looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build and scale our breakthrough EV infrastructure intelligence platform. Remote candidates are welcome!
You will help us navigate the complex challenges of building and managing the tools needed to help charging companies deploy millions of EV chargers across the world. The clock is ticking on climate change, and with hundreds of thousands of EV chargers needed in the next few years, Stable's platform will be essential to deploying them smarter and faster.
You are a full-stack software engineer but your role will have broad responsibilities and opportunity to tackle large and varied problems as we scale our business.
In This Role You Will
- Architect and build full-stack services and frontends
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and customers to deliver delightful user experience
- Understand customer needs and identify opportunities for innovation
- Adopt and champion best practices in observability, build, release, and testing infrastructure
- Solve novel challenges of deploying large data-science software services, balancing complex algorithms with an intuitive user experience.
- Lead the charge. Some decisions are truly marginal, and we trust you to make the best decisions you can. Expect autonomy and full support when you need it.
- Shape the future of transportation infrastructure
- Remote candidates are welcome
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or in a related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, and deploying web applications in a production environment.
- Familiarity with backend & frontend tools such as Terraform, Google Cloud, Spanner, gRPC, Docker, web assembly, yarn, Typescript, React, Python, HTML, CSS, and Java.
- Professional experience with Single Page Application development.
- You are able to make sense of nebulous problems, develop innovative solutions, and communicate those solutions in ways that are easy for others to understand.
- Naturally curious and excited to tackle hard problems.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment working to clear a path for all-electric transportation.
What will make you successful at Stable
- You have a passion for electrification and practical experience in the field
- Your inner problem-solver is ignited by the gnarliest challenges
- You can quickly iterate, navigate uncertainty, and identify when things are not working
- You’re a natural translator — able to communicate complex ideas simply
- You’re a kind, humble, generous collaborator
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Our goal is to build an inclusive working environment where all people feel equally valued and respected. Whatever your gender identity, religion, ethnicity, age, nationality, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, socio-economic standing, disability status, or anything else that makes you special - we value it! We are an equal opportunity employer, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Mission Control for High-Performing EV Charging Stations