Human Resources Generalist (Hybrid)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, MI; Arlington, TX; and Hiroshima, Japan; navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for an empathetic and high-organized Program Manager, People Operations to oversee core HR functions; while providing excellent customer service and a fantastic employee experience. This role reports to the Senior Manager, People (HR) Operations.
- Review, evaluate, and administer May’s benefit programs in partnership with vendors and service providers, including but not limited to:
- Health (medical, dental, vision, COBRA)
- Time off (vacation, sick leave, LOA, FMLA)
- Retirement (401k)
- Life and Disability
- Manage all aspects of onboarding program, including background checks, initial outreach, new hire and benefits orientation, the software platform(s) we use, and coordinating internally with other stakeholders; such the Facilities team and IT
- Serve as the initial contact to the team for all inquiries regarding benefits as well as company policies, procedures, and programs
- Maintain Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compile reports from database as requested
- Partner with employees and outside counsel to provide necessary immigration support
- Make recommendations to assist May in maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Maintain records and reports to conform to EEO regulations including site and corporate reporting requirements and AAP planning and reporting
- Provide proactive consultation on employee relations matters, escalating sensitive and complex issues to the People (HR) Business Partner; partner together on investigations
- Handle all unemployment and workers compensation claims by reviewing claims, substantiating documentation, and requesting legal counsel review when necessary
- Help manage Performance Management system for performance reviews & feedback, goal-setting & growth planning, and the employee engagement system for surveys, eNPS, and pulse
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of increasingly complex and varied HR experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Google Suite, ADP (or similar HRIS), Lattice (or similar performance management & engagement software), Greenhouse (or similar ATS), and Sapling (or similar onboarding software)
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing benefits administration (directly or through a third party)
- General knowledge of employment laws, including when to involve attorneys or internal leadership for additional support
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations
- Experience as key point of contact with employees and outside counsel providing immigration support including visa transfer, PERM process, etc
- Organized self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, constantly growing & evolving startup environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an environment with ambiguity and change; adapting to and being a champion for positive change
- Ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship
- Impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly-organized
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- HR certification (HRCI and/or SHRM) strongly preferred
- Previous HR experience at an organization subject to (OFCCP) federal contractor requirements
- Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third party recordkeeping/administration
- Compensation experience
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you