Accounts Payable Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for an Accounts Payable Analyst to add to our Finance team. We are looking for a candidate that can build new processes, maximize the use of our recently implemented ERP system, and work cross-functionally. This role reports to the Controller.
- Ensure accuracy of vendor invoices and record them in the accounting system with proper coding
- Ensure that sufficient documentation is maintained
- Mark bills as paid in the accounting system
- Review automatic payments and credit card payments to ensure proper recording, documentation, and appropriateness of payments
- Manage billing inquiries, such as payment methods and payment remittances
- Ensure sales tax applied or not applied is appropriate
- Maintain accurate vendor master data in the accounting system
- Assist with bank and credit card reconciliations
- Assist with monthly financial reporting and provide analytical support
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or 2 years of additional experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to diplomatically approach team members to discuss sensitive financial matters
- Ability to use professional judgement to escalate matters when necessary
- Flexibility and ability to display sound judgment while operating in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Netsuite ERP
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful equity incentives
- Medical / dental / vision / 401k
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you