Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Onsite)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Onsite employees come into HQ or one of our sites at least 4 times a week and have a dedicated workstation with a monitor, keyboard, etc. This role is an onsite role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our unique technology for self-driving shuttles has enabled us to commercially operate in four major cities across the United States, transporting every-day people and solving their real transportation problems. We are unique in the self-driving space in terms of our passion for solving real problems in the market, building a strong business, and delivering great experiences to our riders.
Embedded Systems @ May
Spanning both hardware and software roles, the Embedded Systems team is integral to the design and integration of our vehicle platforms. Team members develop custom, cutting-edge hardware and firmware, frequently working across functional teams with Autonomy, Software and Data Infrastructure, and Vehicle Integration. Whether it’s sourcing and integrating new sensors to build out and improve our autonomous shuttle platform, or creating hardware that’s never been built before, we are looking for engineers that want to build embedded systems that will change the world. With our talented team, your work will push the envelope of what is possible in autonomous vehicles today.
- Develop and maintain embedded software for an autonomous vehicle
- Learn about all aspects of our vehicle to design tightly-integrated solutions
- Implement embedded software, drivers, and firmware in C from high level design specifications
- Work across functional teams to carry embedded systems through design, test, deployment, and maintenance
Qualifications and Skills
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- 5+ years of work experience in embedded systems
- Demonstrated foundation in data structures and algorithms including the ability to solve complex problems with elegant solutions
- Proficiency writing embedded code in C
- Good communication skills and ability to work across functional teams
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- Experience developing for bare metal/state based, RTOS, and/or Linux operating system environments
- Experience implementing hardware device drivers and communication protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C, and CAN
- Ability to read electrical schematics and use oscilloscopes and logic analyzers to debug embedded software
- Experience in developing application models in Matlab Simulink for embedded systems
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation days and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks at the office
- Flexible schedule around core business hours
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you