Senior Software Engineer (Hybrid)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
About May Mobility
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Software Engineering @ May
May Software Engineers are changing how the world moves. Whether they’re writing software to run and communicate with our vehicles, improving tooling for autonomy, or building cloud infrastructure for our data processing, our software engineers think with a systems level view towards making autonomous vehicles a reality today.
Software and Data Infrastructure Team
The SDI Team is responsible for building the tools and systems that run and communicate with our vehicles to support our roboticists, global operations, and platform teams. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier, increasing the efficiency and productivity of other engineering teams.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Lead design, manage, and scale our real-time and historical data pipelines to enable our fleet to operate and facilitate continuous development of our system
- Define, build, and expand libraries and APIs for managing, searching, and analyzing vehicle datasets with internal and external partners
- Lead design of front end interfaces for employees, customers, and riders to visualize data, manage fleet operations, and provide a quality rider experience
- Partner with our vehicle autonomy, operations, and platform teams to improve performance and address software needs across the organization
- Write high performance, generic libraries to make our on-vehicle autonomy software as fast and scalable as possible
- Mentor and coach junior team members to instill best practices
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree and and a minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Strong working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Mastery of an object oriented programming language, such as C++, Python, or Java
- Experience designing, building, and expanding complex software systems with real-time and performance constraints
- Excellent attention to detail and rigorous testing methodology
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and team leading abilities
- Experience with robotics, automotive engineering, or start-ups is not required
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 3+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in Python or C/C++
- Experience building and managing large-scale data-processing pipelines in a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of telemetry systems and real-time data processing
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision / 401k)
- Meaningful stock incentives and equity refresh program
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you