DevOps Engineer II (Hybrid)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan
About May Mobility
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit and Grand Rapids, Michigan and Providence, Rhode Island, navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Software @ May Mobility
May Software Engineers are changing how the world moves. Whether they’re writing software to communicate with our vehicles, improving tooling for autonomy, automating cloud infrastructure for our data processing, or creating experiences for customers, our software engineers think with a systems level view towards making autonomous vehicles a reality today.
The Software, Data & Infrastructure (SDI) Team is a key enabler of the May Mobility mission, operationalizing the experience of using autonomous technology for real people on real routes. We leverage automation and DevOps culture to build cloud infrastructure and developer productivity tools at scale. We provide the data backbone of the company, from raw log data on vehicles to consumers with varying needs. We build experiences for internal teams managing the fleet, external customers and passengers. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier for the company.
DevOps Engineer II
The DevOps Engineer II will be responsible for working with teams across May Mobility to help support and implement build and delivery solutions in our various environments (primarily AWS). As a DevOps Engineer, you will be expected to promote development best practices across the company and have a mindset of process improvement.
The ideal candidate will have multiple years of development experience and has been working in a DevOps role for the past couple of years. Candidates with SysAdmin backgrounds are also encouraged to apply, but the candidate will have to be comfortable reading and writing code across multiple tech stacks. The ideal candidate will also be a champion for development best practices and is well versed in the various methodologies that are practiced in development organizations. They will have a mind for process improvement and will always be on the lookout for areas that can be automated. They will always be asking the questions of whether or not something is scalable.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define deployment requirements in AWS
- Help with the administration of multiple AWS accounts
- Implement secure and scalable solutions in AWS for various technical teams
- Provide recommendations for deployment architecture and process improvements
- Build pipelines to deploy infrastructure and application changes to multiple environments
- Define and implement infrastructure as code using Terraform or Cloud Formation
- Create new build jobs in Jenkins and refactor legacy build specifications to conform with modern tools and practices
- Troubleshoot issues across AWS services and environments
- Promote development best practices across teams
- Develop containerized solutions end to end
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree and a minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with the AWS Console and the AWS CLI
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with IaC tools such as Terraform
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with network/server configuration for automated software deployment
- A minimum of 3 years developing build specifications for a Build Server such as Jenkins
- A minimum of 3 years of scripting or programming experience
- Experience with managing and supporting various AWS services and components primarily with compute, storage, and containers
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration systems Kubernetes
- Experience with managing database services such as Dynamo, RDS, or Aurora
- Able to implement configuration management solutions for managing deployed resources
- Experience with Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with IaC tooling such as Terraform or Cloud Formation
- Ability to develop and maintain scripts written in shell, python, groovy, etc.
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience in leading adoption of DevOps practices
- Change management and strong communication skills
Benefits and Perks
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation policy and generous holidays
- Significant stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you