Technical Support Engineer (Hybrid)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our unique technology for self-driving shuttles has enabled us to commercially operate in major cities across the United States, transporting every-day people and solving their real transportation problems. We are unique in the self-driving space in terms of our passion for solving real problems in the market, building a strong business, and delivering great experiences to our riders.
The Support Engineering Team ensures the continued safe and autonomous operation of the May Mobility fleet. Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) develop a broad expertise across the entire vehicle system and play a critical role as the first line of defense for remote debugging, investigating problems, and tracking issues within the fleet. TSEs also contribute to ongoing development work through analysis of vehicle testing and curation and maintenance of vehicle datasets.
- Serve as a first line of defense against urgent fleet issues by assisting remote site operations teams with debugging and systems expertise in real time
- Own the issue until resolution utilizing cross departmental support
- Investigate reported fleet issues for root cause, track and categorize common issues, and escalate when necessary
- Provide ongoing assistance with the day-to-day technical aspects of remote site operations, such as software rollout, vehicle data management, and sensor calibration
- Curate and manage datasets for autonomy software development
- Analyze testing data to assist in autonomy software development
- Maintain the fleet operations software tools for metrics tracking, issue reporting, parts management, and preventative maintenance scheduling
- Help build the company knowledge base for site staff and other TSEs
- Familiarity with using and troubleshooting Linux
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience operating and debugging complex electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to compose technical documentation such as how-to and debugging guides
- Capability to engage in real-time remote product support
- Comfortable continuously learning new softwares and workflows
- Ability to quickly prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed, including working weekends, holidays and shift-based schedules
- Previous product customer service experience
- Previous experience with Autonomous Vehicles
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Flexible paid vacation days and holidays
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Parental leaves
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you