Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst - Autonomous Vehicle Components (Hybrid)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market: low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. Our supply chain team supports the integration of cutting-edge technologies onto autonomous vehicles. We are looking for an experienced Strategic Sourcing Analyst that will evaluate new and existing suppliers and their technologies, present options to Autonomy, Engineering and Supply Chain Team and help to select suppliers for future production programs. This role will report to the Manager of Supply Chain.
- Conducts research of market conditions and relevant SWOT analysis to gather data for strategic planning
- Continuous improvement to monitor technology trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into the May Mobility supply chain
- Acquire & maintain technical understanding of related parts
- Engages Suppliers to cultivate relationships and to maintain positive standing in industry
- Manages RFI process including preparation of all requirements and Statements of Work.
- Analyzes supplier proposals in comparison to success criteria and applicable benchmarks.
- Monitors supplier market performance and manages gaps.
- Investigates technology roadmaps of industry and key suppliers to anticipate opportunities.
- Recommends & executes commodity sourcing strategies.
- Identifies supplier candidates, establishes relationship to facilitate quoting activities
- Assess market conditions, identify industry best practices and emerging trends; identify new value creation opportunities through effective strategic planning
- Leads Technical Review meetings with candidate Supplier, and Internal stakeholders.
- Resolves and clarifies disconnects in specifications between candidates.
- Works with Supplier candidates and internal team to achieve best total Cost of Ownership.
- Works with May team members to construct approval package for leadership consideration, including objective evaluation of key elements such as cost, quality & delivery.
- Tracks, monitors and updates material sourcing agreements as per pre-negotiated mechanisms
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Engineering and relevant 3+ years of procurement experience; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Knowledge of EV and Automotive supply base - Radars, Cameras, Lidars, Computing, GPS, miscellaneous electrical components
- Knowledge of materials, products, manufacturing processes and market conditions in the area of specialization.
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids.
- Ability to analyze supplier's cost breakdown and to judge competitiveness.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Automotive / Electric Vehicle Commodities
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making.
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas
- Demonstrated experience of reducing costs or improving efficiency in previous jobs
- AV/self-driving industry experience
- Have a productivity, continuous improvement mindset
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to shift priorities quickly
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful stock options
- Health / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you