Senior Robotic Operations Engineer (Hybrid)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The Autonomy Operations Team supports May Mobility’s deployment of autonomous fleets by building autonomy solutions, investigating complex robotics issues, managing deployed software packages, and providing escalation support for the autonomy stack to the operations teams. Part of the Autonomy Engineering org, the team works closely with Technical Support Engineers (“TSE” - primary support) and Site Operations staff to understand performance of the deployed software system, prioritize and implement improvements.
The Senior Robotics Operations Engineer role provides a Senior-Level opportunity to work hands-on integrating software into new vehicle platforms, perform in-situ ride feel tuning for new site deployments, guide software deployment for an international fleet of AVs, and mentor junior Engineers.
- Lead the integration of May Mobility’s autonomy software into new vehicle platforms
- Implement solutions for known autonomy software stack challenges
- Perform ride feel tuning for new site deployments
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship for junior team members
- Manage development, release, and hotfix process for deployed autonomy software
- Provide high-level analysis of autonomy performance to feed long term development strategy
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or other Engineering discipline with strong robotics experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with autonomous mobile robotics
- Strong command of Linux environment and build systems
- Programming in C
- Experience using git or similar version control systems
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or other Engineering discipline with strong robotics experience
- 3+ years hands on experience with autonomous systems
- Familiarity with automotive systems
- Python Programming
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you