Senior Firmware Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Quadric is building a full-stack system that is designed to meet the requirements of next-generation edge & edge-cloud computing products. In order to leverage the tsunami of data generated at the Edge, the next generation of computing innovation is happening outside the data center. Quadric has created a solution that is specifically optimized not only for Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads, but also for Image Processing, Data Analytics, and more.
If making an impact and having a seat at the table is important to you, this is the opportunity for you. Join our small, rapidly-growing team at Quadric to develop supercomputer technology designed for the Edge. In this position, you will be a core member of our team, and will have an opportunity to grow in the company of expert technologists who also happen to be good people you’ll want to spend time with.
What We Value:
Integrity, Humility, Happiness
What We Expect:
Initiative, Collaboration, Completion
In this position you will be a core member of our software team, driving the development of our embedded software. You will have an opportunity to grow in the company of expert technologists who also happen to be good people you’ll want to spend time with.
- Collaborate with the hardware team to define firmware requirements for an all custom Quadric processor
- Contribute to the development of firmware for cutting edge, Edge computing hardware with applications in real-time high performance computing and Artificial Intelligence
- Design & develop quadric's system software stack applicable across a multitude of applications and operating systems
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing drivers for Linux and/or embedded Linux systems
- CS / EE skill set with hands-on industry or university experience in embedded software development
- Hardware and Software bring-up and debugging skills. Capable of working independently in a hardware lab with test equipment
- Software skills in C/C++ languages
- Experience with developing firmware for ARM and/or RISC-V based embedded CPUs
- Knowledge of common peripheral interfaces such as GPIO/I2C/SPI
- Previous experience with high speed interfaces peripherals such as PCIE, DDR, SerDes is a plus
- Knowledge of version control (Git) and continuous integration
Nice to haves:
- Experience with developing software for protocols such as JTAG
- Familiarity working with FPGA
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
- Ownership of all Firmware development
- Support customers through the development period
- Provide competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Provide a politics-free community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate impact
- Provide an opportunity for you to build long term career relationships
- Foster an environment that allows for lasting personal relationships alongside professional ones
Founded in 2016 and based in downtown Burlingame, California, Quadric is building the world’s first supercomputer designed for the real-time needs of edge devices. Quadric aims to empower developers in every industry with superpowers to create tomorrow’s technology, today. The company was co-founded by technologists from MIT and Carnegie Mellon, who were previously the technical co-founders of the Bitcoin computing company 21.
Quadric is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
One Architecture. Evert Algorithm