Senior Physical Design Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Quadric is building a full-stack system that is designed to meet the requirements of next-generation edge & edge-cloud computing products. In order to leverage the tsunami of data generated at the Edge, the next generation of computing innovation is happening outside the data center. Quadric has created a solution that is specifically optimized not only for Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads, but also for Image Processing, Data Analytics, and more.
If making an impact and having a seat at the table is important to you, this is the opportunity for you. Join our small, rapidly-growing team at Quadric to develop supercomputer technology designed for the Edge. In this position, you will be a core member of our team, and will have an opportunity to grow in the company of expert technologists who also happen to be good people you’ll want to spend time with.
What We Value:
Integrity, Humility, Happiness
What We Expect:
Initiative, Collaboration, Completion
As a senior member of our chip design team, you will be tasked with developing and running chip implementation flows from RTL to GDS.
- Develop chip implementation infrastructure at Quadric
- Lead the front-end and back-end implementation flow for rapid prototyping of Quadric’s processor on an advanced technology node
- Collaborate with the hardware team to optimize PPA
- MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of eight years of CPU/GPU/ASIC implementation
- Proficiency in TCL scripting
- Proficiency in chip front-end and back-end implementation tools such as Design Compiler, PrimeTime & ICC2.
- Experience in timing closure for high-performance designs at advanced technology node
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of design techniques for low power digital design
- Experience in data parallel hardware design for high-performance computing
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
- Successfully tape-out the next generation of Quadric processor
- Provide competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Enable a politics-free community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate impact
- Provide an opportunity for you to build long term career relationships
- Foster an environment that allows for lasting personal relationships alongside professional ones
Founded in 2016 and based in downtown Burlingame, California, Quadric is building the world’s first supercomputer designed for the real-time needs of edge devices. Quadric aims to empower developers in every industry with superpowers to create tomorrow’s technology, today. The company was co-founded by technologists from MIT and Carnegie Mellon, who were previously the technical co-founders of the Bitcoin computing company 21.
Quadric is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
One Architecture. Evert Algorithm