Business Development Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Business Development Manager
Burlingame, CA 94010
Business Development Manager Aperia Technologies
Aperia is revolutionizing the physical and digital freight and logistics industry with an award-winning tire inflator and machine learning telematics to address sustainability and rapid urbanization megatrends. Aperia saves commercial vehicle fleets thousands of hours of downtime weekly and reduces their environmental impact.
We are looking for an analytical and outgoing Business Development Manager interested in analyzing and developing new sales channels, strategic partnerships, new lines of business, data services, and international expansion. This job is great for those who are passionate about sustainable and connected mobility and are interested in a hands-on, start-up experience. You will be in a unique position to see and influence how a business enters a market or channel and launches a product. The opportunity will also allow you to analyze both domestic and international markets.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in managing cross-functional projects and making business deals in the technology or transportation space and will have experience in investment banking, consulting, or corporate/business development roles. You will report directly to the VP of Business Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement sales channel and partnership strategies
- Drive partnership discussions and projects from idea to execution with partners and Aperia cross-functional teams in Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Success, Operations and Sales
- Conduct business development outreach to new and existing relationships
- Model the strategic and financial value of developed strategies and relationships
- Analyze new markets to enter and develop the strategic roadmap to do so, including the go-to-market strategy
- Evaluate the potential of new business lines, including expanded data service offerings
- Market and competitive research and analysis
- Staying up to date on our products while managing multiple projects at a time
- Present findings to top management
- Proven results in building impactful partnerships, including negotiating agreements, on-boarding and ongoing partner management
- Proven ability to work within and leading cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills, including financial modeling, business intelligence, and opportunity assessment
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to represent the company to outside parties including to top-level executives
- Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals
- Ability to multi-task and see projects through from start to finish
- At least a 4-year degree; an MBA a plus
- Proficient in Excel and Google Sheets
- Passion for cleantech and the start-up world
- Experience in mobility, cleantech, or data businesses a plus
Aperia Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Please see job description.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Tire Inflator for Tractors & Trailers