Software Engineer III -Frontend
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zendrive’s mission is to “make roads safer using data and analytics”. To make that a reality, we make a smartphone-first platform that:
- Automatically detects vehicle collisions and accidents and helps save lives
- Understands and predicts driving behavior, and improves driver safety
- Helps drivers and fleets save time and money
We want a Frontend Engineer to join our Bangalore team.
About Your Role
The front-end team manages the dashboards, developer portal, and other customer-facing products. Technologies used include ReactJS, Redux, HighCharts & Foundation Email.
Your everyday challenges involve:
contributing to our growing internal UI library
writing user-centric tests
ensuring that the web application can handle the data of more than 100K drivers efficiently, and
defining best practices for ensuring enterprise-grade reliability.
We also have a robust design system and extensively maintain a component library showcased in Storybook.
Think of your role in these terms:
Problem-solving: break down complex/large problems, implement the optimal solution, and troubleshoot areas of ownership.
Coding: write readable, scalable, and maintainable code with extensive test coverage.
Design: own small-to-medium features from technical design through completion. Identify and fix inefficiencies in the technical roadmap.
Delivery: prioritize tasks and delivering on time.
Coaching: mentor junior engineers in the team and aiding their professional growth.
What’s In It For You
- Receive a competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Be recognized and appreciated for your hard work in our kudos and awards culture
- Build world-class products, such as our Collision dashboard
- Learn with the best: Work with a world-class, industry-leading team of engineers and data scientists
- Work on challenging problems, such as eliminating all road collisions
- Discover both vertical and lateral growth opportunities for your career
- Enjoy the benefits of a full-time job such as health insurance and spending allowances
- Enjoy the benefits of Zendrive’s culture with regular events, celebrations, and gifts
- Work from a remote location of your choice, until we deem it safe to return to an office environment
You must have:
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong understanding of the software design/architecture process
- Good understanding of Flux/Redux, REST clients, async/await patterns, ES6 constructs
- Solid understanding of web security and debugging capabilities of JS applications
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals.
It will be nice if you demonstrate:
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience in RESTful web service development
- Experience with data visualization techniques
- Experience with test automation using cypress/selenium and building CI/CD pipelines
- Exposure to AWS or any other cloud services
About your Manager
Anenth Guru is the Engineering Manager for the Frontend and the Mobile Apps teams. He joined as an early engineer and worked on different parts of the Zendrive tech stack including the SDK and the Data Platform. He is generally excited about experiment-driven product development and facilitates internal hackathons for his teams.
When not at work, he loves to spend time experimenting with smartphone photography and fills up his Instagram profile.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driving the future of mobility safety