Engineering Manager - Mobile
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zendrive’s mission is to “make roads safer using data and analytics”. To make that a reality, we make a smartphone-first platform that:
- Automatically detects vehicle collisions and accidents and helps save lives
- Understands and predicts driving behavior, and improves driver safety
- Helps drivers and fleets save time and money
We want an Engineering Manager to help direct this team.
About your Role
The backbone of Zendrive’s technology is the Zendrive Mobile Platform. This platform drives the insure-tech and driving safety products that Zendrive is building for enterprise customers. We want an engineering manager for the mobile platform team.
We expect you to manage and coach teams of highly skilled engineers at different experience levels. You should be able to provide technical expertise in the analysis, architecture, design, and delivery of large-scale enterprise-grade platforms, products, and APIs.
You will also:
- define and set standards for engineering rigor
- drive engineering strategy and vision for the product
- work closely with customers and product managers
- innovate, prototype, and adopt new software and technologies as needs arise
What’s In It For You
- Receive a competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Be recognized and appreciated for your hard work in our kudos and awards culture
- Build products that save lives, such as Zendrive’s collision detection and driver safety
- Work on big, hairy, audacious goals, such as eliminating all road collisions
- Work with a world-class, industry-leading team of engineers and data scientists
- Discover both vertical and lateral growth opportunities for your career
- Enjoy the benefits of a full-time job such as health insurance and spending allowances
- Enjoy the benefits of Zendrive’s culture with regular events, celebrations, and gifts
- Work from a remote location of your choice, until we deem it safe to return to an office environment
You must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in building tech products
- 3+ years of experience in technical leadership
It’ll be nice if you can demonstrate:
- 2+ years of experience in managing a team of software engineers
- Experience with creating development and release processes
- Experience in designing and developing complex mobile systems for large scale deployment with stable and modular architecture
- Expert level proficiency in C++, Java, or Swift
- Extensive experience in building apps/SDKs on Android or iOS
About your Manager
Deepanshu joined Zendrive as an Android Engineer over 4 years ago. He is currently an Engineering Manager at Zendrive, leading the Android and iOS mobile teams.
He started his professional career with Google, working with the Android Studio team in Mountain View. He is passionate about everything mobile. Outside of work, Deepanshu is an avid fan of coffee.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driving the future of mobility safety