Engineering Manager - Frontend
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About your Role
The Frontend team owns the Analytics Dashboard which is an integral part of the insure-tech stack. The data platform crunches the driving behavior data and generates a ton of insights which can be sliced and diced by the Analytics Dashboard. We want an engineering manager for the Frontend team.
We expect you to manage and coach teams of highly skilled engineers at different experience levels. You should be able to provide technical expertise in the analysis, architecture, design, and delivery of large-scale enterprise-grade platforms, products, and APIs.
You will also:
- Define and set standards for engineering rigor
- Drive engineering strategy and vision for the product
- Work closely with customers and product managers
- Innovate, prototype, and adopt new software and technologies as needs arise
What’s In It For You
- Receive a competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Be recognized and appreciated for your hard work in our kudos and awards culture
- Build products that save lives, such as Zendrive’s collision detection and driver safety
- Work on big, hairy, audacious goals, such as eliminating all road collisions
- Work with a world-class, industry-leading team of engineers and data scientists
- Discover both vertical and lateral growth opportunities for your career
- Enjoy the benefits of a full-time job such as health insurance and spending allowances
- Enjoy the benefits of Zendrive’s culture with regular events, celebrations, and gifts
- Work from a remote location of your choice, until we deem it safe to return to an office environment
What you need to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in building tech products
- 3+ years of experience in technical leadership
- Extensive experience in building web products with a modern JS framework (ReactJS / Angular / Vue or similar)
- The skills for breaking down problems into executable chunks and coordinating multiple engineers to deliver a solution.
- The skills to actively contribute to tech design reviews and code reviews.
You will get Bonus points for:
- Experience with creating development and release processes
- Experience in designing and developing complex Web applications for large scale deployment with stable and modular architecture
- Experience developing and operating web applications in AWS or similar public cloud providers.
- Experience setting a high bar for excellence across your engineering team, and putting systems in place to measure against that bar.
What we offer you:
Working from a remote location of your choice, until such time as we figure that it is safe to move into a more conducive office space, which may not be anytime soon. Having said that, we provide a great collaborative environment even virtually with the best engineering talent to be found anywhere in the world. Along with a competitive salary, we will be providing you the opportunity to contribute to the development of products that make a real impact on the world.
If you are excited about the job description and see yourself excelling in this role, hit the APPLY FOR THIS POSITION button at the end of this page. Our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driving the future of mobility safety