Engineering Manager - DevOps
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Zendrive DevOps team leverages Software Engineering and DevOps principles to build the infrastructure foundations for the companies’ business-critical systems and processes. The DevOps team is empowered to lay systems and controls to ensure high reliability, regulatory compliance, and data security for the insure-tech and driving safety products that Zendrive provides to our many enterprise customers.
This team is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of smart, motivated DevOps engineers and grow this team to meet rapidly evolving market needs.
What we expect from you:-
- Collaborate with Engineering Leads, Architects, DevOps Engineers, and Product Managers across the organization to deliver timely, reliable, and performant cloud-based development environments, test environments, and infrastructure
- Create an infrastructure roadmap and an execution plan balancing both tactical and long term strategic interests in mind
- Manage and coach teams comprising highly skilled dev-ops engineers at different experience levels
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in building high-quality infrastructure components and solutions to address emerging needs. Oversee the technology choices and tools adopted by the team
- Be able to define and set standards for engineering rigor and help cultivate an engineering-driven culture
- Promote continuous improvement, testing, cost efficiency, and high quality by tracking metrics and performance
- Inspire and motivate team members to sustain productivity and foster innovative creativity
- Setup and train the team to follow an AGILE framework
- Support individual training and career development facilitating career aspirations
- Be able to communicate strategy, decisions, and roadmap effectively with multiple stakeholders
What you need to have:-
- 5+ years of experience in managing an Infrastructure team (cloud, virtualization), defining objectives, delivering releases, and capacity planning
- 10+ years of experience in DevOps, site reliability, and infrastructure planning
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with AWS (e.g. CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and IAM)
- Experience with deploying and supporting enterprise Saas products in a public cloud
- Experience with Automation Tools such as Terraform, Chef, Jenkins and scripting such as Python and Bash
- Prior experience with AGILE practices and tools
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- While not required, AWS certification is desirable
What we offer you:-
Working from a remote location of your choice, until such time as we figure that it is safe to move into a more conducive office space, which may not be anytime soon. Having said that, we provide a great collaborative environment even virtually with the best engineering talent to be found anywhere in the world. Along with a competitive salary, we will be providing you the opportunity to contribute to the development of products that make a real impact on the world.
If you are excited about the job description and see yourself excelling in this role, hit the APPLY FOR THIS POSITION button at the end of this page. Our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driving the future of mobility safety