Data Science Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zendrive’s mission is to “make roads safer using data and analytics”. To make that a reality, we make a smartphone-first platform that:
automatically detects vehicle collisions and accidents and helps save lives
Understands and predicts driving behavior, and improves driver safety
Helps drivers and fleets save time and money
Data is at our core, and it is managed by the Zendrive Data Platform team in Bangalore. We want an Engineering Manager for this team.
About your Role
As a Data Science manager, you will manage and coach teams of highly skilled engineers and Data Scientists at different experience levels. You should be able to provide technical expertise in the activities in the Data Science workflow such as data analysis and visualization, feature engineering, traditional and Deep Learning model building, model deployment and field performance monitoring.
You will also:
- Define and set standards for Data Science rigor
- Drive Data Science strategy and vision for the product
- Work closely with customers and product managers
- Innovate, prototype, and adopt new software and technologies as needs arise
What’s In It For You
- Receive a competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Be recognized and appreciated for your hard work in our kudos and awards culture
- Build apps with world-class technology, such as our driving behavior algorithms
- Learn with the best: Work with a world-class, industry-leading team of engineers and data scientists
- Work on challenging problems, such as eliminating all road collisions
- Discover both vertical and lateral growth opportunities for your career
- Enjoy the benefits of a full-time job such as health insurance and spending allowances
- Enjoy the benefits of Zendrive’s culture with regular events, celebrations, and gifts
- Work from a remote location of your choice, until we deem it safe to return to an office environment
You must have:
- A Bachelor’s / Master's / Doctorate degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience in building Data Science products
- 3+ years of experience in technical leadership
It will be nice if you can demonstrate:
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team of software engineers and Data Science professionals
- Experience in developing and productionizing Data Science models
- Expert level proficiency in Python / R
What we offer you:
Working from a remote location of your choice, until such time as we figure that it is safe to move into a more conducive office space, which may not be anytime soon. Having said that, we provide a great collaborative environment even virtually with the best engineering talent to be found anywhere in the world. Along with a competitive salary, we will be providing you the opportunity to contribute to the development of products that make a real impact on the world.
If you are excited about the job description and see yourself excelling in this role, hit the APPLY FOR THIS POSITION button at the end of this page. Our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driving the future of mobility safety