Senior React Native Engineer (Remote)
Suffering from climate anxiety? So are we. That's why we developed EcoRail, a software solution for reducing Greenhouse gas emissions across the rail industry.
Like the electric car movement, we strive to improve rail with user-friendly AI technology as we drive the rail industry towards being fully autonomous.
We are a venture-backed start-up at seed stage, with a growing customer base in the passenger and freight markets. Some of our current customers are Metrolinx, ViaRail, and Genesee & Wyoming.
We’ve attracted the attention of some of the top investors in the industry, including Trucks Venture Capital, MUUS Climate Partners, Blackhorn Ventures, and Active Impact Investments.
Our goal is to become a leader in rail software within 3 years and we are already on our way to expanding operations globally! This part is the coolest…Our solution is an app, unlike other players in rail tech which attach hardware to train engines, so customer onboarding is seamless, and the possibilities are truly global with respect to impact and expansion.
Why join us?
- First of all, our team is awesome. We’ve got a superb bunch of bright minds working together to create something amazing…impact and positive change
- We’re big proponents of a flexible remote-work setup and have designed an amazing way to bond with our teams during quarterly meetings around the globe
- We value employee health and wellbeing and embrace uncapped paid time off to ensure our teams have the tools to unplug and recharge when needed
- Our high-touch hiring process enables us to create competitive and enticing compensation packages that speak to your needs and interests
- Our environment fosters learning beyond strict job requirements, and empowers each team member with decision-making power to be the master of their own projects
- We are committed to hiring from diverse backgrounds because we truly believe it makes our team stronger
The position and its impact:
We are seeking an experienced Senior React Native Engineer to help further develop our EcoRail app, someone skilled in crafting high-quality mobile applications, optimizing their performance, and delivering a seamless user experience.
In this role, you will be a crucial contributor to the development of our EcoRail app, which is at the core of our offering. Reporting directly to our CTO, you will be responsible for providing guidance and technical leadership, ensuring that the app performs optimally, scales effectively, and remains easily maintainable.
What you will do day to day:
- Build and maintain our EcoRail App using React Native with a focus on performance, scalability, and reliability
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop and implement new features for the EcoRail App
- Create clean, reusable, and efficient code to enhance the functionality and user experience of the EcoRail App
- Work closely with back-end developers to integrate APIs and define API contracts
- Troubleshoot and debug issues within the EcoRail App and implementing effective solutions
- Optimize app performance and improve user experience to ensure the EcoRail App is user-friendly and intuitive
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in React Native development to ensure the EcoRail App remains competitive and current
- Execute designs for various views and screens in the EcoRail App, ensuring a visually appealing and consistent user interface
- Mentor and cross-train junior engineers
What you will bring:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Senior-level experience of at least 4+ years of experience building mobile apps with React Native
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on Apple or Google app stores
- Experienced in comprehensive CI/CD-based mobile app workflows, including automated builds, unit testing ( Detox and Bitrise an asset )
- Proficiency in working with APIs, including hands-on experience in designing, consuming, and integrating RESTful and GraphQL APIs into mobile applications
- Extensive experience in TypeScript and React Native development, with a strong portfolio showcasing successful mobile applications
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, and Android Studio
- Strong Unit Testing (Jest/Enzyme/React Testing Library)
- Nice to Have : Web development using ReactJS
- Nice to Have : Python Experience
We vibe if you:
- are a self-starter
- are a concise communicator
- are passionate about your work
- enjoy learning
- like to create impact
- enjoy setting your teammates up for success by helping us create good documentation and correspondence
RailVision Analytics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If you require accommodation because of a disability or special need for any part of the employment process, please let us know on the job application form how we can help ensure you have a comfortable and positive experience.
Saving Money and the Planet One Locomotive at a Time