Product Operations Specialist (Remote)
Suffering from climate anxiety? So are we. That's why we developed EcoRail, a software solution for reducing Greenhouse gas emissions across the rail industry.
Like the electric car movement, we strive to improve rail with user-friendly AI technology as we drive the rail industry towards being fully autonomous.
We are a venture-backed start-up at seed stage, with a growing customer base in the passenger and freight markets. Some of our current customers are Metrolinx, ViaRail, and Genesee & Wyoming.
We’ve attracted the attention of some of the top investors in the industry, including Trucks Venture Capital, MUUS Climate Partners, Blackhorn Ventures, and Active Impact Investments.
Our goal is to become a leader in rail software within 3 years and we are already on our way to expanding operations globally! This part is the coolest…Our solution is an app, unlike other players in rail tech which attach hardware to train engines, so customer onboarding is seamless, and the possibilities are truly global with respect to impact and expansion.
Why join us?
- Our team is awesome. We’ve got a superb bunch of bright minds working together to create something amazing…impact and positive change
- We’re big proponents of a flexible remote-work setup and have designed an amazing way to bond with our teams during quarterly meetings around the globe
- We value employee health and wellbeing and embrace uncapped paid time off to ensure our teams have the tools to unplug and recharge when needed
- Our high-touch hiring process enables us to create competitive and enticing compensation packages that speak to your needs and interests
- Our environment fosters learning beyond strict job requirements, and empowers each team member with decision-making power to be the master of their own projects
- We are committed to hiring from diverse backgrounds because we truly believe it makes our team stronger
The position and its impact:
We are searching for our first Product Operations Specialist to bridge our product to our customers. This role will report to our Product Development and Customer Operations Manager and is a key hire for us as it will support our efforts in building the systems, processes, and communications that will set each of our customers up for immediate success as they onboard to our ecosystem.
A big focus will be operational efficiency of our customer lifecycle, ensuring customer data is collected and managed effectively, and gaining deep understanding of customer operations and environments and relaying that information to our product sales and engineering teams.
If you’re motivated by the idea of wearing many hats, channeling your creativity, and dealing with some ambiguity in your day to day; if you consider yourself a lifelong learner who thrives in an environment that is constantly evolving, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What you will do day to day:
- Own and manage customer relationships from the point of sale through to successful implementation of updates and day to day customer relationship management
- Help collect, update, and analyze data associated with product usage and customer operations using Python, SQL and Excel
- Interact with customers virtually and in person/on-site to ensure you understand how our product can be used to solve their problems
- Create repeatable processes, resources, and frameworks to use when owning the customer lifecycle
- Develop measurements and create initiatives to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of customer onboarding and implementation process
- Attend industry events and conferences to support our sales team with educating our customer on the technical aspects of our product
- Be a product expert and be ready to discuss/educate our customers on any nuance of our product internally over emails, chats, calls and on-site
- With the assistance of department leadership develop quarterly executive leadership update presentations, companywide presentations, and department wide communications
You’re setup for success if:
- You're a pro at managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in collaboration with different stakeholders
- You rock at problem-solving, are analytical and know a thing or two about inferring insights from data using SQL, Excel and Python
- You lived through a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Math or Sciences, or equivalent experience
- You've got 1+ years of Project Management experience for a technical or software product under your belt
- You're a natural at being curious, you enjoy asking questions and learning the inner workings of technical products and know some cool techniques that enhance user enjoyment and engagement
- Your last name is organization — you'll be working with many customers, and you'll need to have expertise in place to keep all of their needs organized - you're a big fan of prompt follow-ups
- You're highly self-motivated and driven — you don't need someone hovering over your shoulder telling you what to do all day
- You can shift priorities quickly when necessary
- We are ultra thrilled if: you understand how SCRUM and Agile Development Methodology interact with the project lifecycle
We vibe if you:
- are a self-starter
- are a concise communicator
- are passionate about your work
- enjoy learning
- like to create impact
- enjoy setting your teammates up for success by helping us create good documentation and correspondence
RailVision Analytics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If you require accommodation because of a disability or special need for any part of the employment process, please let us know on the job application form how we can help ensure you have a comfortable and positive experience.
Saving Money and the Planet One Locomotive at a Time