At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. Our technology helps prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
Nauto is a proud member of the Forbes AI 50 list, which recognizes standouts in privately-held North American companies making the most interesting and effective use of artificial intelligence technology.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller and be a strategic partner to the business and accounting team. As an individual contributor, you will own the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process. You will also serve as a strategic finance partner to the entire team working collaboratively to support general ledger, payroll, revenue recognition, treasury, taxes preparation and other ad hoc operational analyses as required.
- Responsible for general accounting functions including preparation of journal entries, accounts reconciliation and analysis and preparation of financial statements.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining accounting policies and controls.
- Analyzes accounts, records, and reports. Investigates and resolves any accounting issues. Maintains the standard chart of accounts, ensuring adherence to policies around account setup and usage.
- Reviews/performs complex reconciliations and analyzes resulting variances. Proposes and prepares any adjusting entries necessary resulting from reconciliations.
- Support year end audit requests and assist with managing overall audit process.
- Manage annual tax filings, sales tax compliance, and 409a valuation.
- Ad hoc projects and other duties, including assisting with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and assisting with payroll and day-to-day banking as necessary.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Build relationships at all levels of the organization, partnering with internal departments to ensure their accounting needs are addressed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 5 years minimum experience in accounting.
- Experience with ASC 606 for SaaS company, inventory management, software capitalization, and stock-based compensation strongly preferred.
- Solid NetSuite experience strongly preferred.
- Technology / SaaS and high-growth start-up experience with venture capital and/or private equity backed companies is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Prior experience in a Big 4 accounting firm is a plus.
- CPA license or on track is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive, stay organized, and maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ultimate team player with excellent communication skills; can establish credibility, build consensus, and partner cross-functionally without direct authority.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The Tier 1 Market base salary range for this full-time position is $114,000-$155,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range for other markets across all US, remote locations is $106,000 - $144,000. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity or benefits.
We’re a growing team of engineering, product, sales and operations experts working together to make driving safer and smarter