People Systems Lead (Remote)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is always in the fast lane when it comes to technology! This requires the addition of a strategic People systems guru who can help lead the people technology strategy with a focus on prioritizing the employee experience. This includes responsibility for our current HR tech stack as well as how it evolves into a true people system landscape that is able to support us at scale. This go-to expert will be tactical and hands on, rolling up their sleeves to solve day-to-day issues, and they will be able to scope out and provide strategic leadership and direction for holistic people systems. This role reports to the Director of People Operations.
- Lead the development of the people technology strategy, aligning with the People team leadership, IT team, and broader organization’s overall business goals and objectives.
- Lead the administration, configuration, integration, and maintenance of our current people tech stack (ADP Workforce Now, Lattice, Awardco, Greenhouse) understanding pain points, growth opportunities, and what’s working well so we can apply that feedback to our future people systems landscape.
- Evaluate current and future state to create a comprehensive integration strategy for transitioning from multiple people systems to a fully integrated HRIS that best meets the organization’s needs.
- Meet employees where they are by championing the design of a Slack-first tech environment enabling seamless communication and collaboration.
- Develop proposals and recommendations to present to leadership on new and innovative platforms / vendors we may want to consider and partner with for future system support.
- Lead the implementation process, including system configuration, data migration, user training and change management across the organization.
- Serve as the main point of contact with internal customers for all People system inquiries regarding access, system set up, maintenance, and support requests.
- Pull scheduled and ad hoc reports from People systems, compile reports from database as requested, and provide analysis and report out on findings and trends.
- Develop and lead an ongoing audit schedule of all people systems to ensure data in systems is clean, matching, and up to date for reporting purposes.
- Generate regular and ad-hoc reports, dashboards, and analytics to support data driven decision making re findings and trends with the people team and broader organization
- Closely partner with external people systems vendors to ensure systems are working and set up properly, training / workshop support when requested, customer support, updates to systems / refreshes as needed, etc.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for process automation and improvements, streamlining workflows, and enhancing user experience.
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand functional requirements and deliver effective, scalable solutions through planning, design, development, testing, and deployment with required documentation
- Ensure people systems and processes adhere to industry standards, legal requirements, and data privacy regulations.
- Collaborate with the IT team to implement and maintain strong data security measures and standards.
- Partner with procurement to help negotiate new and renewal contracts with external vendors for services for all People systems annually / semi-annually, ensuring that we always get the best service and value.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- Proven experience (7+ years) in HR systems integration and project management.
- In depth and hands-on knowledge of HRIS platforms (ex:/specifically ADP Workforce Now and Workday), data migration strategies, APIs, and integration techniques
- Strong understanding of HR processes and workflows
- Proficiency working within and setting up a ticket system like Jira
- Change management expertise with a focus on user adoption and training
- Excellent leadership and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations and compliance requirements
- Proficiency in project management and methodologies and tools (ex: Asana, Jira)
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Exceptional communication skills to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Master’s degree preferred
- HR certification (HRCI and/or SHRM) strongly preferred
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
- Jira experience includes issue tracking, customization, project management, automations, and integrations.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- Paid parental leave
The expected base salary range for this full-time position is $115,000 - $150,000 per year. May’s pay ranges are determined by the role, level, and location. Successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including but not limited to- job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. A successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, equity compensation, and generous company benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Nice to move you