Site Manager (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Onsite employees come into HQ or one of our sites at least 4 times a week and have a dedicated workstation with a monitor, keyboard, etc. This role is an onsite role, based out of Martinez, CA
May Mobility is entering into an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. We are looking for an experienced Site Manager to lead an operational site.
- Do you love managing complex technical operations and systems?
- Are you an empathetic communicator and collaborative problem solver? Can you bring an exceptional balance of people skills and process-driven focus to the team?
- Are you capable of thriving in a startup environment where no two days are the same, and willing to tackle both large and small tasks with an “all hands on deck” mentality?
- Do you have a high level of personal responsibility that allows you to lead by example, easily navigate between smooth and hectic shifts, and effectively assess and execute on priority decisions?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, this could be the role for you!
As a Site Manager, you will oversee a team of Site Supervisors, Technicians, and contracted Autonomous Vehicle Operators to run seamless shuttle operations. You will be directly responsible to our business partners, customers, and passengers, ultimately becoming an expert in making May Mobility a part of the city’s transportation culture.
This position is located in Martinez, CA. You will report to the May Mobility Customer Operations Manager and will be vital in ensuring that May Mobility exceeds expectations for quality, safety, and reliability.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that operations follow rigorous safety guidelines; continuously develop a culture of safety that is beyond reproach
- Implement and oversee daily protocols and reporting; track site performance metrics to systematically improve outcomes
- Responsible for meeting financial goals and aligning spending with the site operating budget
- Ensure exceptional service for both customers and passengers
- Partner with People Operations to make staffing and performance management decisions for the site
- Ensure that site staff seamlessly communicates with engineers when a technical issue arises or requires escalation
- Partner with Field Operations to train new site leadership and test new rollouts of vehicle technology
- Create a work environment that values all team members and embodies May Mobility values
- Cover shifts across days and times that fall outside normal business hours
- Up to 10% travel required
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree or higher in Business, Technical Operations, or other degree
- Previous experience as a formal people leader in a fast adapting and customer-focused environment
- Proven experience making judgment calls in ambiguous situations
- Previous experience developing processes and managing projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple platforms; strict attention to detail in every situation
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time and climb ladders (infrequent)
- Ability to work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions
- Valid U.S. Driver's License
- Willingness to undergo a driving record check
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Technical Operations, or related degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience as a people leader in a fast-adapting and customer-focused environment
- Leadership experience in a startup environment
- Proven change management experience
- Prior experience in an operations or logistics background
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, Slack, Jira and Asana
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive healthcare suite including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans. Domestic partners who have been residing together at least one year are also eligible to participate!
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Healthcare and Dependent Care Accounts available.
- Rich retirement benefits, including an immediately vested employer safe harbor match.
- Generous paid parental leave with immediate eligibility as well as a phased return to work.
- Flexible vacation policy in addition to 15 paid company holidays.
- Competitive salary and equity program as well as a bonus program.
- Daily catered lunches and snacks for onsite employees
- Employee Work Perk Stipends for hybrid and remote employees
- Total Wellness Program providing numerous resources for overall wellbeing
The expected base salary range for this full-time position is $68,000 - $84,000 per year. May’s pay ranges are determined by the role, level, and location. Successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including but not limited to- job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. A successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, equity compensation, and generous company benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Nice to move you