Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate CATIA engineer/designer to join our Electric Powertrain team. This role will work primarily on developing, refining and maintaining CAD and other models for the components and assemblies that make up the worlds most sophisticated and power dense Electric Propulsion System (EPU). The candidate will participate in the product development from concept phase through production and beyond.
- Ownership and maintenance the 3D CATIA assembly database for the Electric Propulsion Unit
- Design and development of engineering components from concept through sustaining engineering
- Creation and checking of 2D engineering part and assembly drawings per ASME Y14.5
- Tolerance analysis on parts and assemblies
- Change management of parts, assemblies and documentation through FAA certification and beyond
- HS Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of working experience in relevant industry (including internships)
- Deep expertise in complex assembly and part modeling in Dassault CATIA v6
- Strong knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Proficiency in Familiar with BOM structuring, Engineering Change Process Management in ENOVIA
- Highly proactive attitude with the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- 8+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Ability to teach CATIA and GD&T skills to other team members
- Hands-on experience working within aircraft certification program
- Hands-on experience in designing and carrying out related tests for both model correlation and design validation
- Hands-on experience in material tests for generating material model input
- Experience in vibrational and fatigue analysis
- Experience in FE application in reliability (stress-strength, structural life prediction, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of FAR Part 23 and 27 regulations
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $98,200 - $164,600/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing