Flight Research Engineering Technician
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2025.
- Work closely with engineering to develop and build our latest hardware, primarily propulsion motors, actuators and small electronics.
- Assemble hardware for use on test stands or on aircraft while maintaining associated documentation. This will involve mechanical assembly of parts and sub-systems, etc.
- Develop assembly methods and tools on quickly developing designs.
- 5+ years experience as NPI (new product introduction) or engineering technician.
- Experience with mechanical component assembly and systems integration of mechanical systems.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain high standards of work.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team oriented attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability.
- Experience with high vacuum systems, vacuum chambers
- Experience with cryogenic fluids such as liquid nitrogen and liquid hydrogen
- Experience with CAD, PLM/PDM systems
- Experience with electronic instrumentation of laboratory test set-ups
- Proficiency with machining, welding, and overall mechanical craftsmanship a plus.
- Experience working on high voltage systems and/or complex electromechanical systems.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $44-$55/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing