Assistant Site Manager, Early Operations
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
As the Assistant Site Manager for Early Operations, you will be part of a small team working to
develop and mature initial operating capabilities for Joby’s S4 eVTOL aircraft. In this role, you will report to the location’s Site Manager and work cross functionally to ensure that Joby can support and sustain developmental flight test operations. You will schedule personnel and equipment movements, manage contracts, interface with customers, arrange high-visibility demonstrations, and drive logistics support for the program. Additionally, you will gather learnings from early operations and apply them to assist with Joby’s commercial success in other markets. This role has the potential to transition from site management to positions focused on operations, logistics, or program management. An ideal candidate should be a team player able to operate in a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment. This role is in-person, based in the Lancaster, CA area.
- Support the Site Manager with daily site readiness tasks across infrastructure, IT, and additional facilities
- Schedule critical personnel and equipment movements, including the flow of Joby employees and material to and from the company’s California-based locations
- Prioritize logistical movements of critical engineering expertise, spares, and tools in order to support ongoing developmental flight test efforts
- Manage various contracts that are in place to support flight operations
- Liaise with the host organization in order to expediently drive work orders, flight scheduling, and VIP visits to the site
- Work cross functionally with flight test, engineering, commercial, and government teams to drive efficient and effective early operations that advance Joby’s operating ecosystem
- Associate’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of proven experience in an operations-focused role
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with senior stakeholders at various levels including technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously with multiple stakeholders and dynamic timelines.
- Expertise in workplace productivity tools such as Microsoft Office suite, along with the ability to use these tools to complement proficient communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility- willing to learn, and comfortable in a rapidly growing organization
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, engineering, or program management
- Extensive background in airfield operations, aviation, or aerospace
- 7+ years of experience working in a related field and/ or with government/ military stakeholders
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $102,700 - $134,300/yr. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing